How to dual boot Luma3ds and Corbenik?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DestructiveSword, Jan 25, 2017.

1. DestructiveSword
    OP

DestructiveSword Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 22, 2017
    United States
    I already installed luma3ds following 3ds.guide. I want to know how to add Corbenik to my 3ds. I did nothing to the bootloader. I would like to keep luma3ds on SysNAND and add Corbenik to my EmuNAND. I did not format either one. Someone please tell me how.

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Guru

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    One thing i did was just copy the corbenik arm9loaderhax.bin to the luma payload folder, if you familiar with it, assign it to a button so when you boot the system it loads corbenik when holding the button. You can keep both luma as default and corbenik as sub and use either one at any time. :P

3. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae [ˈzifɨˌdeɪ]

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    You have Luma as your primary CFW (have it as arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your SD), and have it chainload Corbenik/skeith when you hold a button on boot (have it as something like left_Corbenik.bin in your luma/payloads folder). You can then set up Corbenik to autoboot EmuNAND.

4. Svaethier

Svaethier GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 2, 2013
    United States
    Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/shadownand.431718/
    I recommend doing this as you can easily rename corbenik a9lh.bin file to boot.bin, you will have to configure Luma updater to put a9lh.bin file for Luma as boot.bin in the homebrew/3ds folder you create though.

5. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Don't use ShadowNAND. There's no reason to keep using it when Luma3DS can be copied the CTRNand
    You can literally rename the Corbenik to a payload for Luma and launch it from Luma. Corbenik's payloads aren't tethered to it's launcher, so you can just rename the launcher with no hassle.

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  6. Svaethier

Svaethier GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 2, 2013
    United States
    I use shadownand just because I can launch d9 with it if anything ever happens to one of my cfws and can't boot them anymore

7. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae [ˈzifɨˌdeɪ]

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    If 'anything happens' to one of your CFWs, you can just copy Decrypt9 as arm9loaderhax.bin and boot it directly.

Last edited by Xiphiidae, Jan 26, 2017
  8. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    You can do that with every single version of A9LH. Just rename the decrypt9 launcher to "arm9loaderhax.bin"

9. Svaethier

Svaethier GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 2, 2013
    United States
    Shadownand is a9lh v2 so if something happened to it then it would be the same as losing a9lh v1