How to download FAST RACING "Vertigo" update?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by seam, May 27, 2016.

1. seam
    OP

seam GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 23, 2011
    United States
    austin texas
    update includes minimap and faster loading. just wondering if there is a way to download updates for eshop games? Updating wiiu games is easy, but i dont know if its possible to do with eshop games. Any information is appreciated, thanks guys

2. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Yes, all games are the same whether you got them from eShop or as a disc, just turn on the game and it'll download unless TubeHax has it blocked or you're not on the latest version and then you have to use the WUP Installer thing

3. tri_fin

tri_fin GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2016
    You can get this update using JNUStool. I just did it. Loaded it using a nightly build of gx2 - plays perfectly. Post back if you need help. Thanks saying the update is out! Greatly improves load times - I was able to play the game fine with the 'scatter' folder back to it's original name - this was the old work around for long load times - rename the scatter folder but this is not needed now.

4. Denni93

Denni93 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2016
    Germany
    How far did you get in the game?

Could you pleasy try to play the second race of the second tournament?
    When I had the scatter folders it was working fine, except when I started this race then the game was freezing at the loading screen all the time.

Could you pleasy try this one out for me?

5. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    I assume 5.5.2 isn't sneakly out yet so I'll just disconnect tubehax then recconrct after the DL has compete :)

6. tri_fin

tri_fin GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2016
    Sorry i was wrong. To get the update to work I had to rename the scatter folder in the update as well in the game! Seems ok after this though...

7. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    What does this "scatter" folder contain?

8. tri_fin

tri_fin GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2016
    I don't know. It seems beyond reason that this fix works but it seems to. I guess the files must be used in the game but I haven't heard of a problem yet. With the update you can play a few tracks with the scatter folder intact but to play more it seems that they both need renaming!?