Hacking how to download and install a loader with a new sd card?

MartinR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello. i just came home from school to find out that my brother stole the sd card from my wii so now i am completely helpless. my usb loader gx just goes to black screen every time i use it. so my question is can i just download a different usb loader on a new sd card and use it? also what files would i need to create on the sd card. please be considerate as i dont remember much because i softmodded back in jun 09 and havent even thought of it since then. any help needed thanks!

ToneEQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like you have a USB Loader forwarder channel (ie. a shortcut) installed.

Try getting a cheap SD card, create an apps folder, create a folder in the apps folder called usbloader_gx and download r815.dol from here. Rename it to boot.dol and move it to the last folder you created.

Not saying that will fix it for you but most likely will.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it has to be the old style flux capacitor. the new ones cant handle the necessary 1.2 gigawats and you'll brick your SD card. and make sure you use one from your region. if you want to use a PAL capacitor with a NTSC wii, you need to be using preloader hacks to allow any region.

MartinR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaMummy said:
somebody modded it for you didnt they? your brother maybe?

hah it was my uncle. did it for me for my bday. i have computer knowledge and get the general gist of it but i did not install so i am not familiar with the file types menu screens and such.

MartinR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also tone i did that and it does not work. same thing straight to black. and i have a shortcut on the wii menu i am not going to hbc to run it.

MartinR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I did that. Installed it into the apps folder on my sd card. It is named boot.dol and it still does not work. Even when I go through HBC says IOS 236 not found.

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
Guy u're crazy: the OP doesn't need a flux capacitor. He just need to connect his Wii's DVD drive to a spectrophotometer, then signal has to be demodulate with a reversed-polarity solar panel .... or use the search function

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Do like this (sounds like he messed up his HBC also or did I misunderstand?)

download bannerbomb (depending on your wii system menu) www.bootmii.org
download Hackmii installer and place boot.dol in the SD root.

Go to SD card and run the bannerbomb and install the latest HBC, tada fine!

Download a USB loader (try a diffrent one if usbloader gx do not work, I myself like wiiflow) Check the "Wii - Backup loader" on the GBATemp forums.

If they still do not work, download the latest cIOS versions and install them(cIOS38 rev17 and Hermes cIOS222/223) www.google.com

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In emulation overclocked FX chips makes a pretty big difference in frame rate