Hacking How to downgrade from 4.0 (I have a guide but I need Help)

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am on 4.0 on my PAL Wii and I can't install WADs or play some games with the latest version of Gecko OS (such as SSBB)... I have found a guide on how to downgrade here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=146735
and I'm wondering if I do just downgrade from 4.0 firmware to another and stay there or just do something and stay on 4.0 and be able to install WADs... Can someone explain to me because I'm a noob to the Cios and IOS thingies.... (I don;t know what they do literaly)...
EDIT: I forgot to say that I once instaled patchmii ios ver: 00240c16 so that i could be able to play DVD videos on my wii

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have the Homebrew or CIOS installed right now???

If not then I dont think it can be done. The homebrew channel needs to be installed BEFORE V4.0

Gullwing

homo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me? I ran CMDVDX34 as the guide says but in the downloading in part 15 CODE DUMP apeared and I restarted the system. I run HBC and went to CMDVDX34 again but it said Failed to add title, maybe you already ran this?... in the guide there is a solution but I can't figure it out on how to do it. HELP???

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)