How to downgrade > 9.9 console [HyRule] to 9.2? Today?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by kingoddball, Apr 6, 2016.

1. kingoddball
    OP

kingoddball Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 6, 2016
    Hi!
    Sorry to come right in with a stupid question!
    Yes, I have googled a whole lot and I know how the process works.

At higher firmware > download all req'd files > BrowserHax > next next next.

But! My issue: all of the guides say to use firmware 10.3, is there a way I can upgrade from 9.9 up to 10.3 where right now the current firmware is 10.7?
    If I went to system update I'll be forced to get 10.7 > can this be by passed to allow me to upgrade to 10.3 (then downgrade)?

Console is N3DS XL HyRule (looked cool).
    Also, is it possible to downgrade using only software without (browserhax etc) not needed Cubic/SSB's or any over inflated cartridge?

Sorry again for irritating post!

Last edited by kingoddball, Apr 6, 2016
  2. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips a seldom-used crab named Lucky

Mar 10, 2015
    United States
    I don't think you need to be on 10.3, any firmware less than or equal to 10.3 should be able to downgrade. Also, browserhax is probably the only way you could get into homebrew launcher if you don't have an exploitable game.

qi_synergist likes this.
  3. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 20, 2010
    United States
    https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki This guide covers everything you need to know. I recommend following it all the way through! (Be warned: The process takes about 3-4 hours total. It's totally worth it, though!)

EDIT: Oh, sorry. Updating will require a copy of OoT or CN. If OoT, you need a way to flash a hacked save onto it.

You can downgrade from 9.9 just fine though. I recommend SafeSysUpdater to downgrade.

Last edited by CrispyYoshi, Apr 6, 2016
    qi_synergist likes this.
  4. qi_synergist

qi_synergist Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    the guide is above is what i used for the same console type.. browserhax should not even be a issue to use.. just google the link + qr code so you dont have to worry about typing it in. main thing is to be caution once you get to sysnand + emunand part until you auto boot into emunand (by the end of the guide).. accidentally upgraded my sysnand first time around and returned my pre owned 3ds :rofl:

edit: by link i meant the mtheall one

Last edited by qi_synergist, Apr 6, 2016
    kingoddball likes this.
  5. Margen67

Margen67 Dirty entited pirate

Banned
    Nov 3, 2014
    United States
    Can confirm this. #A9LHMasterRace

TrashyClassy and Scarlet like this.