How to downgrade 4.3U Wan Wii to 4.2U?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Bowler67, Sep 8, 2010.

Sep 8, 2010
  1. Bowler67
    OP

Newcomer Bowler67 Member

United States
    I'm in a bit if a pickle. My Wii was on 4.1U and it was installed with the Waninkoko's 4.1 Firmware Upgrader. But then today, I recieved my Netflix Wii Streaming Disc in the mail today, and put it into my Wii, and the Wii wouldn't read the disc. I then Googled and found an answer saying that the Wii has to be on firmware 4.2 for the Netflix disc to work. So I browse Google and find the Waninkoko's 4.2 Upgrader and all worked well. But then the disc channel displayed "System Update" or something. So I grabbed StartPatch 4.2 and installed the patches to skip the disc update check. I then go back to my main menu and the disc won't even be read. I then upgraded to 4.3U using Waninkoko's 4.3 Upgrader, and still the same problem occurs. The disc isn't being read and my DVD drive keeps making clicking noises like it did on 4.1U.

Now, I've been reading for hours tonight trying to downgrade back to 4.1/4.2 so I can try some alternative methods, but it seems I am stuck on 4.3U Wan. I've tried using a program called DOP-MII to downgrade, but I keep getting some errors when trying to install some IOS's. If anyone can help me downgrade back to 4.1/4.2U, using some wads or something, ANYTHING, to downgrade. Thanks.

2. mike333

Member mike333 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Poland
    Post syscheck if You have HBC.

3. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Install IOS70 v6687.wad + System menu 4.2.wad.

Get these wads from MODMII.

Install wad with YAWMM with a cios.

Now install priiloader and enable system menu hacks.

Enable BLOCK DISC UPDATES
    Enable BLOCK ONLINE UPDATES

The noises from your drive isn't because of firmware.

4. Bowler67
    OP

Newcomer Bowler67 Member

United States
    Hello. Thank you!!! It now says 4.2U in the corner under settings. But this Priiloader is giving me trouble. I go to System Menu Hacks, and it says, "No hacks found for System Menu v481." or something along those lines. I'm sorry I cannot give the exact wording but I am away from the Wii when typing this.

And yes, I know the drive noises aren't from the firmware, but from the Netflix disc itself trying to be read, which needs 4.2U. And I would like to also add here that the Netflix disc is still not being read even after the downgrade to 4.2U. Do I need to reinstall cIOSX Rev 20b?

5. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Put this hacks.ini file on your sd card. Then enable the hacks.

Try running the game through Gecko OS to see if it boots there.