Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Needed files:
http://rapidshare.de/files/46701393/copy_to_SD_root.rar.html
IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad (Serch it up on the pirate bay since its against the rules to put it on gbatemp)

Step 1:
Open up The "apps" folder and copy the 3 apps to the "apps" folder on your SD card. and then open up the "wad" folder and drag the "cios_fix.wad" and drag it into the "wad" folder on to the SD card.

Step 2:
Take the SD card out of your PC, than put in in your wii and start up the homebrew channel.

Step 3:
Start up Wad Manager and select the "IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad" and install it, when its done, restart your wii. Than start up the homebrew channel again and the select the "Custom WM" and select "cios_fix.wad" and it should install and restart the wii when its done installing. Now start up Homebrew Channel AGAIN and then Select "Frimware Downgrader" than a list of frimwares will show up and select 3.2 (Select 3.2U if your Wii is NTSC-U, Select 3.2E if your Wii is PAL, Select 3.2J if your Wii is NTSC-J). Now the Downgrading will take 10 to 15 mins. When its done restart it and if you go to the Wii System Options it should say 3.2.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Vidboy10 said:
Needed files:
http://rapidshare.de/files/46682879/copy_to_SD_root.rar.html

Step 1:
Open up The "apps" folder and copy the two apps to the "apps" folder on your SD card.

Step 2:
Take the SD card out of your PC, than put in in your wii and start up the homebrew channel.

Step 3:
Start up cIOS rev7 and select "WAD Installation", when its done it will restart your wii. Now start up HBC again and then Select "Frimware Downgrader" than a list of frimwares will show up and select 3.2 (Select 3.2U if your Wii is NTSC-U, Select 3.2E if your Wii is PAL, Select 3.2J if your Wii is NTSC-J). Now the Downgrading will take 10 to 15 mins. When its done restart it and if you go to the Wii System Options it should say 3.2.
You cannot install cIOS normally if your IOSes are trucha patched.
wink.gif

Foxle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MightyMouse said:
no it wont, it will usually merge the 2 folders.

Actually it depends on your OS. On Mac OS X and some Linux distros, copying a folder called "Apps" to a folder which already has a folder called "Apps" would overwrite the original folder, not merge them.

suiller

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
why downgrade to 3.2... I don't get the point, I started from 3.3 => 3.4 => 4.0 & ALL is working perfect... why we should downgrade??

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point of downgrading is for those (like me) who screwed up their 4.0 installation and could not install wads (or other "eye patch" features). So downgrading allows those people to start fresh and re-upgrade properly
smile.gif

BombeR333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey.
ok so first i had 4.0E and used bannerbomb to get homebrew. im trying to downgrade to 3.2 so i can customize my system menu. when i used this method i got an error like kieresere (but different numbers) when loading WAD with WAD installer. so i went to the guide DAVI92 posted about.

i followed instructions and did all the IOS (including IOS 30 for 3.2). ok then i went back and went to WAD installer. installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad (yes it worked!). restarted wii. back into homebrew. clicked "custom WM" and it freezes on a black screen! is there some other way i can do it?

im so close to finally downgrading i been trying for hours b4 i found this.
help plz?

*EDIT*Nevermind. fixed it. mixed up the wad installers for the 2 files. once ios16 was loaded then the custom wm worked fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi