AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
When you install any channel with animation obviously the animation has a start and an end, then it restart.

Here's my question: Is it possible to change or adjust the animation starting time.

I ask this because I want to make several channels with same animation like new super mario bros 1, 2 & another appear as if the big logo is moving from one to the other (not because I like weird questions, even though this is weird).

Installing the wads with shomiiwads doesn't allow any kind of control over this issue. and I have no clue execpt that it might be in a system menu file in 000000002 folder

Thanks and sorry

f324f028bd652efef0ae0a3ee541ad4f.jpg

diddy81

Wii Theme Team
Trophies
XP
Country
only way i can think of is to edit the icon brlan so it starts at a different point but it would be quite a bit of work you would need to nearly fully rewrite it

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
even then it wouldn't really work, the channels would never sync up, they start a random spots, an continue to be random. ever time you start the wii, or exit an return to menu. they would either start over, or will pick up at the point when you left the main menu.
diddy81 has it right though, you would need to redo the code, to were they are one channel, but take up two different spots(channels). then it might work.

Reactions: 1 person

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@Shortz1994 The New Sup. Mario Bros channels I have are modification of same base wad and I notice that the delay betwwen the 2 channels is the same no matter how many times I turn on/off the Wii. So I think It is randomly assigned when you install it but after that it's constant (cause same base wad is used).
@diddy81 even if we rewrite the Brlan the starting point will be different when it is installed.
@kiiwii Installing/uninstalling is not practical when dealing with 3 or more channels (I was thinking if I can use this to make all DML games channels fade one after the other)?

The folder Wii\title\00000001\00000002\data has an iplsave file to remember the channel position in SM but I donno if it remembers the timing too!
I'm thinking of the other files in this folder like state.dat setting.txt or cache.dat, I hope @tueidj or @GiantPune have more info on this.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if that's the case of theses two channels, you could find the timing marks in the channels,(as diddy81 said it would be in the brlan file) an see if they can be changed, so that the one logo scrolls to the next channel. of course you'll have to move them once installed next to each other to get the effect you want. cause they would be installed in a random empty spot.
i dont think the wii has the brlan file for each channel that is installed saved. just the spot,an name. an were/what file that channel starts.( even most of this is in the channel it's self).

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I'm waiting for a dummy wii that I can do it on. I don't understand the code very much... or at all for that matter, but others that have looked at it said that it completely blanks the nand, but they could not tell for sure if it actually does anythign to the seeprom, so I'll wait because I'm not willing to kill my tech wii. I've done too much work to it.

But yeah, I had restarted my computer and just never bothered to log back in to that channel until this morning.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Cut your life into pieces. +1