theking1987

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello all

Can someone tell me what is the best way to do a nand backup with the SX Pro?
If i have a simple short explanation then i am happy. (With links to the software i need etc.)
I want to use my exfaxt microsd card wich i use for the sx pro.
I have my games on it etc. but if im right thats not a problem?
I only need to have a space of 32gb on the sd card?

Thanks

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hello all

If i have a simple short explanation then i am happy. (With links to the software i need etc.)

Thanks
Download Hekate payload. Launch it with TegraRCM. Do a nand backup.
Yes you need 32GB free space.

Or launch the hekate (or any other payload) thru sx payload.
And if your SD is smaller than 32gb, you can backup it in parts.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: Thetoto

Shoruk3n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all

Thanks

Just a heads up...from what I understand, doing a NAND backup using SX OS isn't quite as good as the method described in the guide, at least if your intention is to at some point restore it to factory and use it online.

ILLPLEASA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up...from what I understand, doing a NAND backup using SX OS isn't quite as good as the method described in the guide, at least if your intention is to at some point restore it to factory and use it online.

I think you are mistaken @Shoruk3n.

Hekate is a payload that is currently used in order to backup your NAND. The method that you use to load Hekate (or any other RCM payload) varies depending on what tools you have available (ex. SX OS Pro Dongle / PC+USB-C Cable / Android+OTG etc...).

No matter what you use to load Hekate, none of the tools needed to inject the payload are technically safer than any other ATM...

Also, TeamXecuter has not yet added a built in function to backup the NAND via the SX OS Bootloader (current version being SX OS v1.4 as of this writing). That being said, SX OS users have to load up the Hekate payload in order to backup their NAND just like everyone else...

Hope this helps... :)

Last edited by ILLPLEASA,
Reactions: stussy1

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Sx os does not have a nand backup option and launching payload thru it yields same result as launching it via pc. So it is totally the same thing.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Shoruk3n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you are mistaken @Shoruk3n.

Hekate is a payload that is currently used in order to backup your NAND. The method that you use to load Hekate (or any other RCM payload) varies depending on what tools you have available (ex. SX OS Pro Dongle / PC+USB-C Cable / Android+OTG etc...).

No matter what you use to load Hekate, none of the tools needed to inject the payload are technically safer than any other ATM...

Also, TeamXecuter has not yet added a built in function to backup the NAND via the SX OS Bootloader (current version being SX OS v1.4 as of this writing). That being said, SX OS users have to load up the Hekate payload in order to backup their NAND just like everyone else...

Hope this helps... :)
Gotcha. In another thread it was implied that SX OS (presumably?) injects more code into the system and therefore probably stands a greater chance of being detected.

Sx os does not have a nand backup option and launching payload thru it yields same result as launching it via pc. So it is totally the same thing.

Duly noted! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3hDNXE0v8kU?si=zv2Un2_GGG7vprdd