how to dismantle ds lite top lcd for ribbon cable replacement?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Jahhhhhh, May 12, 2017.

1. Jahhhhhh
    OP

Jahhhhhh GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2015
    hi! before buying a replacement lcd, I was really thinking of replacing the ribbon cable.Anyone know how? btw if replacing the ribbon cable is not even worth it. Are the lcd's from China any good? :D

2. justin-dabath

justin-dabath Member

Newcomer
    May 11, 2016
    LCD's from China are decent, they do exactly what they say on the tin really :-)

Beware some of them come with speakers already attached - while others don't so you may need to solder them on.

3. nccom

nccom GBAtemp Fan

Feb 9, 2006
    Estonia
    Disassemble the whole screen, re-glue new cable to lcd glass (need to use ACF conductive film and ACF bonder to heat it up, google for more info), assemble the screen without leaving any dust/dirt/fingerprints on any layers inside. In other words - no, don't try to do that unless you have access to this technology.

China screens are a bit worse than original but they will work.

4. fieryhellz

fieryhellz Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2017
    I recommend IFixits website, they do some great tutorials for replacing screens on the DS etc.

5. fedehda

fedehda GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2017
    Argentina
    At your current screen. And in heaven
    I've just bought another screen from eBay (don't remember which, exactly, because a friend of mine did it for me) and then I replaced the whole screen. I thought it was easier than doing what you wrote.

6. Jahhhhhh
    OP

Jahhhhhh GBAtemp Regular

Nov 5, 2015
    thanks guys! I ordered replacements from China.