How to delete/uninstall the News Channel/Forcast Channel completely on the Wii Menu

Discussion in 'Wii - Tutorials' started by petethepug, Jun 13, 2016.

1. petethepug
    OP

Member petethepug PUG

United States
    So when I was trying to figure out how to delete any system menu titles, I had trouble finding sources on the internet, or guides to covering this. In this tutorial I am going to show you how to delete the News Channel, Weather Channel, or any other built in Wii application.

Disclaimer/Notice:

Now that the notice is out of the way. Lets begin, you will need the following

- Homebrew Channel (I would highly recommend the latest version.)

- A functional Wii Remote (Regular Wiimote.)

- A list of the Wii System HEX Codes/IOS's (Provided in Any Title Deleter DB)

- Any Title Deleter DB

Alternative Method;

-
    Homebrew Channel (Highly recommend the latest version.)

- A functional Wii Remote (I would recommend Wiimote but I believe any may work with this method.)

- Two WAD Files (News Channel of your region (v7), and Weather Channel/Forcast Channel of your region (v7) its recommended you only use your region to prevent incompatibility issues. But if you want to delete it using all regions that is fine. But don't say I didn't warn you.

- Notice: You will be uninstalling the WAD, not installing it. INSTALLING IT MAY LEAD TO ISSUES OR A SYSMENU BRICK.)

Risks for Any Title Deleter DB Method:

Notice: As soon as you uninstall channels they may be impossible to put on the Wii again since what it runs on may not compatible anymore. Of course with NUSD Downloader you may be able to install the Wii Channel back. (MAYBE!)

Risks for WAD Uninstall Method

Alright lets get on with the confusing stuff. I will be going over how to delete the Weather Channel, and News Channel fully using Any Title Deleter DB. You are not required to uninstall the WAD Files since your going to be deleting the whole channel, and app completely from the system.

Any Title Deleter DB (Method A.) (Full Deletion of Channel/Application.)

WAD Method (Method B) (Channel Uninstall) (NOT A FULL UNINSTALL)
    WAD Method (Method B) (Channel Uninstall) (NOT A FULL UNINSTALL)

I hope this tutorial helps :).

Last edited by petethepug, Jun 13, 2016
    Tomato Hentai and loler55 like this.
  2. Luglige

Member Luglige Modest Mouse Fan

Antarctica
    My friend owns a wii and hates that thing. Better tell him about this! Thx!

3. petethepug
    OP

Member petethepug PUG

United States
    No problem hope it helps.
    Working on WAD Method right now :P.

4. Luglige

Member Luglige Modest Mouse Fan

Antarctica
    Thx!

5. petethepug
    OP

Member petethepug PUG

United States
    The tutorial has been updated to show how to do the WAD Method.
    Hopefully this guide helps :D.

6. driverdis

Member driverdis I am Justice

United States
    Nice tutorial, I did this ages ago and deleted weather,news, and Shop channels (I did a system transfer and NAND restore so leaving the Shop was not an option for me as it deleted my stuff)

7. petethepug
    OP

Member petethepug PUG

United States
    No problem.
    I actually deleted the channel becuase it wanted me to update it after I deleted News, and Weather Channel to use the "Sys Menu Update for 4.3". One of those "requirements" to use it.

If you delete the shop channel you won't have access to your account anymore I believe. But you will still have your previous channel installments. Since you bought them before you actually deleted the account you will still own them until you delete them off the sys menu.

Some channels you are able to get free, and install completely from NUSD Downloader. However to get stuff for the Wii U transfer tool you may need to use the Wii Shop Channel, YouTube, etc... Since providing a download to the Wii U Transfer tool may be (illegal???) I'm just guessing with that being illegal to download without the Wii Shop.

8. petethepug
    OP

Member petethepug PUG

United States
    UPDATE:
    There is a way to get major wii titles that can be downloaded from the Wii Shop Channel, or are no longer available. Located here;
    Please view this if your intrested in downloading the Wii U Transfer Tool, Youtube, etc... That are not available in NUSD Downloader.
    There are also more links to the channels which provide more downloads (If they are unavailable on the site.)

Note that installing channels that are not free onto your Wii is piracy. YOU WILL BE ARRESTED FOR IT.

Last edited by Costello, Jun 24, 2016 - Reason: illegal links removed, sorry
  9. petethepug
    OP

Member petethepug PUG

United States
    The links to the WAD's have been removed due to illegal useages/copy right.

Your Wii Shop Channel Account will not be removed if you remove the Wii Shop Channel on the system.

10. driverdis

Member driverdis I am Justice

United States
    removing the Shop Channel is still useful for people who system transferred then restored the NAND. Opening the Shop Channel after restoring the NAND will delete any titles that were transferred to the Wii U.

11. petethepug
    OP

Member petethepug PUG

United States
    My bad thank you for correcting me on that.

12. cearp

Member cearp the ticket master

Tuvalu
    ha

petethepug likes this.
  13. petethepug
    OP

Member petethepug PUG

United States
    Little over the top with that statement. Depending on country laws, and rights you may, or may be able to do it. But the awnser will most likely be no. You're highly unlikely to get arrested the first day but it varries based on how strict your country may be with piracy, don't do it :ha:.

14. PhoenixPlayzz

Newcomer PhoenixPlayzz Member

Canada
    I don't seem to see the specific codes you mentioned in ATD DB. Any suggestions? Perhaps the channel is listed under another code?

15. petethepug
    OP

Member petethepug PUG

United States
    The text document should be included in the download. Do you have a different region Wii? I think channels may varry based on there HEX Code (Japanise Wii - Diffrent code, EU, so fourth.) Though I am not to sure,

I used an American Wii for this tutorial (NTSC-U.)

Last edited by petethepug, Jul 5, 2016
  16. GreyWolf

Member GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Some of Nintendo's built-in channels have two titles. One is the base for the title, the other contains localized resources.

HAGA = Base news channel.
    HAGE = News channel English resources.

H = Channel title type.
    AG = News Channel ID
    A/E = language (A=all, E=English) (This position indicates region for disc-based titles, not language)

For Nintendo Title IDs that have 6 characters the last two are the ID for the publisher.

DismissedGuy and cearp like this.