Hacking How to delete Switch telemetry (want to sell my Switch)

LowScore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, guys,
I'm a new (and a noob) user from Italy. Nice to meet you. First, English is not my native language so be patient :)
I openend this new thread to understand which is (if exists) the best way to delete the Switch telemetry because I want to sell my Switch (I do not have enought time to use it cause work and childs).
I used ReiNX and Atmosphere CF (on a 5.1 original firmware) to play with emulators (Final burn alpha) and (believe me or not, I'm not a pirate) tested some XCI (converted to NSP) games.
The problem is that I have a NAND backup but I am not sure if the NAND backup has been made before trying some XCI/NSP (yes it's my fault) so there is the risk that some telemetry is saved somewhere inside the NAND. I do not want that the guy who want to buy my switch risks an account/console ban when he will (presumably) update to the lates firmware / goes online; also, I would prefer that even my account will not be banned if some telemetry is potentially stored somewhere and ready to be shared when the console will be connected again.
The question is:
Is the 2nd factory reset option in the Maintenance Mode a solution to my problem? If not, are there other solutions?
Thank you all.

Last edited by LowScore,

The0919

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you installed NSPs, there is a very high likelyhood of ban, which decreases the consoles value. However, there is a market on ebay for cheaper banned switch tablets. My recommendation is to do a factory reset, go online and see if it was banned. If so, sell the tablet on ebay, but keep the joycons, dock, etc and sell them individually either on ebay or to gamestop, as those accessories are not affected by a ban

Reactions: ELY_M

LowScore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can't wipe "telemetry" AFAIK (maybe if you recreate your NAND). You can remove error logs.
Hi, is there a way to recreate the nand?
I already have factory restore the console.
So nobody know where the telemetry is stored/works/their content, right?

If you installed NSPs, there is a very high likelyhood of ban, which decreases the consoles value. However, there is a market on ebay for cheaper banned switch tablets. My recommendation is to do a factory reset, go online and see if it was banned. If so, sell the tablet on ebay, but keep the joycons, dock, etc and sell them individually either on ebay or to gamestop, as those accessories are not affected by a ban
Hi!
It's not clear for me if the ban concern the user or the console. I mean, if user "A" uses NSP, than wipe the console, Than user "B" log into that console with his account.. which user will be banned? Or is it only affect the console?
Actually my FW is 5.1 and I prefer to maintain it on that value. Testing the ban by connecting again to the network isn't force me to update to the latest firmware to do so?
Your ebay solution is very drastic.. honestly in that case I will keep it as I did until now.

Last edited by LowScore,

LowScore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Please don't be a cunt and mention to the future buyer that you did CFW on it before.

don't worry, I will not sell it if there isn't a way to clear the telemetry or if my Nand backup is "wrong". I'm not a crook. I opened this thread just to be honest with my buyer and potentially close a clear sale.
In the worst scenario my idea is to keep it and waiting newer/updated tools to manage telemetry from the switch great community.
PS.
I have just seen that you are from Italy :)

Resaec

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you made the NAND backup before you did anything CFW related on the Switch AND never went online after you made it:
Restore the backup and you are good.

If you did go online with CFW or any time after using CFW the console is probably flagged.

Reactions: Vorde and LowScore

g00s3y

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing wrong with selling it in eBay if it may get banned in the future, just be sure to mention it first thing in the listing.

And then again in the middle.
And again at the end.
Then copy and paste it another 5 times for all the idiots who just buy an item first, then read the description, and complain because they can't take 10 seconds to read a description before buying.

Rulesless

Trophies
Website
letraduzionidirulesless.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Italy
Restore your nand backup and go online. If in a week / ten days you are not banned, your backup wasn't flagged and you don' have any problem.
If you are particularly paranoid, you can disconnect your account/s and create a new appositely, but at the moment there are no problems with the accounts.

Reactions: LowScore

PiracyForTheMasses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Restore your nand backup and go online. If in a week / ten days you are not banned, your backup wasn't flagged and you don' have any problem.
If you are particularly paranoid, you can disconnect your account/s and create a new appositely, but at the moment there are no problems with the accounts.
not true in the least, a week to 10 days, get real, it could take months for nintendo to ban him.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Yeah no, calling BS on this. Nintendo bans in WAVES and there's no way to tell when the next banwave is comming

Reactions: LowScore

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Yeah no, calling BS on this. Nintendo bans in WAVES and there's no way to tell when the next banwave is comming
That's no longer the case with Switch i guess. That's why there are threads almost every other day how someone just for banned.
Why would they still ban in waves when they can immediately recognize and ban the cert (which they are doing if I am not mistaken).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I heard that removing error logs could result in a ban too :/
It can, but it is as close to removing telemetry as you can get.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's no longer the case with Switch i guess. That's why there are threads almost every other day how someone just for banned.
Why would they still ban in waves when they can immediately recognize and ban the cert (which they are doing if I am not mistaken).

Depends. For the most part, instant bans only happen if you are caught cheating online or using stuff like FreeShop NX. Normal bans(Which aren't CDN bans) happen for the other reasons such as backups, homebrew, CFW, etc etc. This still happen in waves i'm pretty sure

PiracyForTheMasses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends. For the most part, instant bans only happen if you are caught cheating online or using stuff like FreeShop NX. Normal bans(Which aren't CDN bans) happen for the other reasons such as backups, homebrew, CFW, etc etc. This still happen in waves i'm pretty sure
I believe that I have read that normal bans are super bans these days, or they get upgraded to super bans.

PiracyForTheMasses

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, not to super bans(CDN bans) but to a mid term ban where you are banned from both online gaming and e-shop access. You can still update your firmware normally
I do not believe this is true. I specifically remember reading that all bans can and will be updated to a super ban, just a matter of when Nintendo does it. This started back in August.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I do not believe this is true. I specifically remember reading that all bans can and will be updated to a super ban, just a matter of when Nintendo does it. This started back in August.

They didn't though, not yet at least. There are still two levels of ban: Normal ban which is gaming and e-shop ban and CDN ban which is a cert ban

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte