Hacking How to delete ROMS from CycloDS

nodii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone.

Can anyone tell me how to delete NDS Roms from my CycloDS without having to plug the MicroSD card into my PC?

Currently I have to take the MicroSD card out of my NDS and then plug it into my PC and then delete the ROMS from the MicroSD card.

Can't I just delete the ROMS through the CycloDS like the AceKard 2i?

Thanks very much.

Maybe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no

ps: can someone tell me how to charge my nds without plugging it in? everytime I want to charge it I have to find my charger, plug it in the wall, then plug the other end in my ds.

Thanks very much.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, there is no option in the CycloDS GUI to delete files. I've been requesting this feature for a long time now on the TC forums. You're only recourse is to use a 3rd-party homebrew to delete files from it directly.

The only 2 I know of are DSOrganize and DualSlotBrowser. Personally, I use DualSlotBrowser since DSOrganize can possibly corrupt your microSD.

DualSlotBrowser is kinda wonky to use, but it works and I've NEVER corrupted my SD with it. Technically, DualSlotBrowser is supposed to be able to look at the files on both your slot1 and slot2 cart.....it worked with my old Supercard slot2, but not my M3 slot2. It's possible that I need to DLDI patch it for the M3.

If there are any other homebrew apps that can delete files from the SD without having to plug it in to a PC, I'd like to know what they are.

nodii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks very much mate.
smile.gif

setya5785

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
QUOTE said:
The only 2 I know of are DSOrganize and DualSlotBrowser. Personally, I use DualSlotBrowser since DSOrganize can possibly corrupt your microSD.
or use moonshell 2
smile.gif

just remember to create "dustbox" folder on root folder
to delete a file, highlight a file, press start button for a while, confirm file delete.
then browse dustbox (kinda like recycle bin), delete the file again for a permanment delete

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
setya5785 said:
QUOTE said:
or use moonshell 2
smile.gif

to delete a file, highlight a file, press start button for a while, confirm file delete.
then browse dustbox (kinda like recycle bin), delete the file again for a permanment delete

That doesn't work for me. If I try to delete anything from the dustbin, it says something like "Files in the trash bin must be removed from PC".

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:
setya5785 said:
QUOTE said:
or use moonshell 2
smile.gif

That doesn't work for me. If I try to delete anything from the dustbin, it says something like "Files in the trash bin must be removed from PC".
after deleting and it's moved to dustbox just delete it again in the folder dustbox

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
D34DL1N3R said:
setya5785 said:
QUOTE said:
or use moonshell 2
smile.gif

after deleting and it's moved to dustbox just delete it again in the folder dustbox

I just said that it doesn't work. If I delete a file then go to the dustbox to delete it again, I get this exact message:

File-Delete Error Dialog
Please delete files within the Trash folder from Windows.

I can't delete them a second time from within the dustbox folder, it just gives me that message.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night