Hacking How to delete HorizonM/HzMod (with FBI, in my case)

Deleted member 446461

OP
Trophies
XP
Since MarcusD didn't mention a way to uninstall HzMod, and it doesn't appear on the System Configuration, I thought I could do a mini-tutorial..

I should add, this MIGHT be possible with other CIA "system modules" that doesn't show up on the System Configuration, but I'm focusing on HzMod.

I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR NINTENDO 3DS SYSTEM GETS DAMAGED BY A WAY OR OTHER!

IF YOU ARE PARANOIC ENOUGH, MAKE A NAND BACKUP.

Verify the Title ID of your "HorizonM" CIA package.

The Title ID has the possibility to be "000401300CF00F02" and the size could be 432.00 KiB. It has the product code "CTR-N-AHZA". It's pretty different compared to the rest of the titles, which I believe are development programs, which have a "XXXXbuilder" or "XXXXpseg-ciuser" product code, where X is a number.

Go to the "Titles" menu, and then scroll all the way down until you find your DSiWare programs. (purple letters) If you don't have DSiWare programs, just find the "DS Download Play" program, then continue into the next step.

Scroll up where numbers and letters on red appear. Carefully search for the title ID.

When you find the Title ID, you can verify the filesize and the product code, just to be sure.

Press A, and use the "Delete Title" option. If you feel like it, you might want to use "Delete Title And Ticket" instead, just to purge your system, and confirm the selection by pressing A, then pressing A again to discard the notification telling you that you just have deleted the title.

Now exit FBI, cross your fingers, and if you're lucky enough, HorizonM will dissapear, with your system being intact. You can also reboot your system if you feel like it's going to explode once you turn it off and on, in my case.

Last edited by Deleted member 446461,
Reactions: Omiwa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: