Hacking How to delete game(s) from gateway?

lolboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys,

I know title sounds stupid, but i need to delete some games i dont play to make space for new one. By simply deleting from microsd gateway always gives me fragmentation error and by formating and copying all games over will make me lose some save games.

Any advise?

Thanks in advance!

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You must format and re copy everything, EXCEPT for card 2 games (pkmn, tomodachi, etc.). For those, copy them to your PC then copy them back. Your other saves will be safe because they're kept on the SD card, not the microSD

Reactions: lolboy

lolboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You must format and re copy everything, EXCEPT for card 2 games (pkmn, tomodachi, etc.). For those, copy them to your PC then copy them back.

Sorry, did not understand this part. If I format all games card 2 games will be lost aswel.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Can't you just delete the .3ds from the microSD, save files are stored on the internal SD card (in the 3DS), while card2 games have saves sorta "built in" into the rom???

BTW fragmentation error means that there's something wrong with your microSD.

lolboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can't you just delete the .3ds from the microSD, save files are stored on the internal SD card (in the 3DS), while card2 games have saves sorta "built in" into the rom???

BTW fragmentation error means that there's something wrong with your microSD.

I get the error when I remove a game without formating the microSD. Tried many microSDs but all same problem. When i remove multiple games and add one game i get this error.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you guys for fast help! Close topic please, back to GW hype!

NO , don't format ANYTHING ! I formatted everything each time I wanted to put new games or remove , but I found it's not needed ! , someone made this nifty tool that i'm confused it's not pinned in a topic

https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3ds-microsd-tool.369165/

What this tool do is detect if there is fragmentation error and what it does is move the fragmentated game so it's not on the last clusters of the microsd and then creates a useless small file ocupying those clusters so THAT file is fragmentated. As long as you dont delete that file you can drag and drop anytime you want ^^ . That tool is such a lifesaver

lolboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
NO , don't format ANYTHING ! I formatted everything each time I wanted to put new games or remove , but I found it's not needed ! , someone made this nifty tool that i'm confused it's not pinned in a topic

https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3ds-microsd-tool.369165/

What this tool do is detect if there is fragmentation error and what it does is move the fragmentated game so it's not on the last clusters of the microsd and then creates a useless small file ocupying those clusters so THAT file is fragmentated. As long as you dont delete that file you can drag and drop anytime you want ^^ . That tool is such a lifesaver

Nice! gonna give it a try. Just in time :)

Thank you!

masterzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice! gonna give it a try. Just in time :)

Thank you!

Np , just read the instructions , really easy , just open a command line where the file is and use gw3ds.exe scan/fix and the letter of the unit your microsd card is in to scan for fragmentation error on the card ( it'll tell you which game is fragmented) or to fix it. Then after fixing you can do another scan and you will see the GW DO NOT DELETE file will be the one fragmented , you're good to go as long as you don't delete that file ,d rag and drop as I said ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi