How to deal with Christians that circle around you like vulutres?

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One time in high-school I was at the mall with my Syrian friend and his brother when we were approached by some Christian witnesses. His brother simply said, "I'm Muslim", which caused the witnesses to sort of recoil with fake smiles and then quickly retreat.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One time in high-school I was at the mall with my Syrian friend and his brother when we were approached by some Christian witnesses. His brother simply said, "I'm Muslim", which caused the witnesses to sort of recoil with fake smiles and then quickly retreat.
Witnesses of what?

JWs are the ones who claim to be " witnesses. " 😂

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know about that, but they look homogeneous.

The JWs say they welcome everyone.. except gays. Logic isn't something they're known for, so if you see or they speak to you, just say "ok" and go your way.

Spend as little time with them as possible.

However, if they were actually open for a real discussion I'd not mind speaking, problem is they're very scripted and don't speak truthfully.
That does sound typical especially for your door-to-door type of recruiters that JW's are infamous for.

Also doubling back on what I was talking about with mormonism, this infamous cartoon seems to wrap it up quite nicely.
Might as well call this the "Tom Cruise" of Mormon videos lol.

I am actually quite fun at parties. Everyone loves a cut little Satan kittyboy
Hopefully I did not come off as sounding sarcastic in my previous statement. I actually know quite a few people who are on "the outer circle" of religions, and they actually do have way more fun, especially considering I came from a catholic background but see myself more as an agnostic theist/deist more than anything else. Probably the most hilarious thing is that typically the "evil wiccans and satanists" are actually more accepting and easy going people than the "mainline religions" and if I had to align myself with any of them I would probably choose the more laid back and accepting ones. Spend less time butting heads over differences and spend more time just finding the commonality among people for the betterment and focus of all life in the future kind of thing, but eh I am rambling at this point.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hopefully I did not come off as sounding sarcastic in my previous statement. I actually know quite a few people who are on "the outer circle" of religions, and they actually do have way more fun, especially considering I came from a catholic background but see myself more as an agnostic theist/deist more than anything else. Probably the most hilarious thing is that typically the "evil wiccans and satanists" are actually more accepting and easy going people than the "mainline religions" and if I had to align myself with any of them I would probably choose the more laid back and accepting ones. Spend less time butting heads over differences and spend more time just finding the commonality among people for the betterment and focus of all life in the future kind of thing, but eh I am rambling at this point.
Honestly, I have no idea how you came off to me yesterday because I was hella high. I had major surgery back on Monday and have been needing the occasional pain meds or edibles to deal with some of the pain. I was also raised in a Catholic environment but by a family who encouraged my siblings and me to find our own paths. The level of acceptance is part of what drew me to the Left-Hand Path and away from Right-Hand Path religions. The fact that my gender identity and or sexuality put me in conflict with damn near every Right-Hand Path religion pushed me away. Even the more accepting ones tend to have fundamental flaws that I couldn't agree with. So I branched out and started studying the Left-Hand Path, slowly forming my own path.

Reactions: Dr_Faustus

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Politely but firmly tell them you're not buying what they're selling, and if they have nothing to say to you outside of that topic, move on with your life. They aren't worth keeping as a friend at that point.
They will continue to try to subvert my moral standing and they arent mt friends, they are just around and there is nothing I can do. Why is life so cruel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.