Tutorial  Updated

How to create injectable ps2 games with any ps2 iso of your choice using han (easy to follow write u

•What you are going to need is this tool
http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps2-classic-gui-v2-1-by-aldostools-adds-ps2-config-support.17182/

•Once you have it,extract it somewhere on your pc.

•Next navigate to the folder exdata and there you will find a rap file.

•Copy and paste it inside the rifgen_for_ps3xploit folder,then drag the rap file to the exe to create a rif file (before you do this make sure you have your act.dat and idps.hex file inside the folder)

•Once you have the rif file for the ps2 classics,inject it along with the act.dat and turn the han enabler on if you havent injected anything yet before.

You should be able to follow along now for the next part which is encrypting and turning your ps2 iso's into pkg's

"Before you go installing any old iso ps2 game,here is a compatability list you can check to see if the game you want to install will work "
http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

•Start off by dragging your ps2 iso into the PS2Classics_GUI.exe,then press encrypt,if you get a pop up message click yes and save the file as ISO.BIN.ENC (make sure the file is named exactly that)

•Go to the make pkg tab on the top of the program and if you right click the ps2 classics icon you can press set image and change the icon of the game when it shows up on the xmb.Just google search icons for the game and you should find somthing that looks nice.

•Once your done setting the ps2 icon up,press make pkg and navigate to your ISO.BIN.ENC file.If you get a CONFIG search pop up hit cancel (unless the config matches your games code and has bug fixes which are listed in the compatibility list.)

•Once its finished you should now have a pkg file,all you need to do is drag it to your rif generator (like we did with the rap file)and you will have a sighned version that can be installed through either your usb stick or through pkg linker on your webserver if the file is over 4gb.

•Once you install the game using the package manager it should have your custom icon set and the game should run with han on if you injected the rif file earlier in the tutorial.

Thats pretty much all there is to it

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
Way to give the creators credit. Why didnt you just link to the og forum page
My bad,this was mainly ment to be a easy to follow write up guide,so i put the sendspace link in it for personal reasons when i was writing it up.Ill just relink it to the forum then

Reactions: JellyPerson
D

Deleted User

OP
Last edited by ,

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Should work with rebug too.You dont need to modify your act.dat though since you are on cfw.

So, in that case, should I start at this step?

“•Start off by dragging your ps2 iso into the PS2Classics_GUI.exe,then press encrypt,if you get a pop up message click yes and save the file as ISO.BIN.ENC (make sure the file is named exactly that)”

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

“•Start off by dragging your ps2 iso into the PS2Classics_GUI.exe,then press encrypt,if you get a pop up message click yes and save the file as ISO.BIN.ENC (make sure the file is named exactly that)”

Install the homebrew PS2 Classics license (rap) on your console, using a tool such as ReActPSN or PSNope (both bundled with PS2 Classics GUI and aldostools) or PSNPatch,

open iso in the "encrypt" tab of PS2 Classics GUI, leave contentID and Klicensee the defaults (so that the .rap will be valid), "add LIMG sector", "encrypt", save the ISO.BIN.ENC (and rename it afterwards since at least on my PC it actually creates "ISO.BIN.ENC.BIN.ENC"), then go to the Make PKG tab and express your creativity,
finally make the package and install it

(All of this assuming you want official-looking PS2 packages that appear directly under "Game" on the XMB; if you just want a quick and casual way to load PS2 games, and are on a Cobra-enabled cfw, just use Webman and stick the games in dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/)

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP

Yes.Thats the basic way of encrypting the iso.

If you havent already installed the licence rap for the ps2 classics though do what @Ryccardo sead.

Last edited by ,

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got a question for anyone who might know, is there an advantage of using this method over loading PS2 ISO's through Webman? I have ISO's running from hdd0:\PS2ISO on rebug 4.81.2 and the only game thats given me trouble so far was Manhunt but when I installed the official ps2 classics package of it it doesn't suffer this issue. Was kinda weird.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I got a question for anyone who might know, is there an advantage of using this method over loading PS2 ISO's through Webman? I have ISO's running from hdd0:\PS2ISO on rebug 4.81.2 and the only game thats given me trouble so far was Manhunt but when I installed the official ps2 classics package of it it doesn't suffer this issue. Was kinda weird.
The advantage is being official-looking.

Compatibility is not affected, it's using the official ps2_netemu (with any CFW patches, such as temperature display in home menu) either* way

* assuming a console without PS2 hardware, else *man homebrews will prefer using ps2_emu or ps2_gxemu, unless configured otherwise, which do take advantage of the hardware

Netemu can take patch files ("config"), which with the right contents they can indeed help some problematic games - try looking inside the files of the official Classic for one!
You can then use it with at least Managunz (not sure if Webman supports them) by putting it in PS2ISO/Manhunt.iso.config

Reactions: Mark McDonut
D

Deleted User

OP
Can I install Another Ps2classics games After I Installed One?
Yes you can.That one rif file you injected for the ps2 classic you installed counts as the licence for the rest of the ps2 classics you inject and install as a pkg.

Last edited by ,

tomman321

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to install a placeholder? Tried without one and I got a start operation error. Also using a rif installer PKG. Do I need to install it manually instead?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse