Hacking (How To) Create forwarder channels from existing channels

scottieb99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all. I did a forum search as well as a google search but I didnt really come up with a clear answer that wasnt dated last year sometime! Heres the deal, I have some channels like my nes, snes, etc that I would like to make into forwarders. I have been using customizemii to inject the new dol into them as newer versions are released but I would just like to be able to replace the dol in the folder and be done. Are there any programs out there that can do this? Thanks for any help!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You can try ForwardMii (plugin for CustomizeMii)
smile.gif

scottieb99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply, this may be a silly question, but how can I get the channels from my wii if I dont have the wad?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use wanni's wad creator or use bluedump or if you have a bootmii nand dump with the channel installed extract the nand with showmiiwads and open the extracted nand with showmiiwads and pack the channel to wad

scottieb99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks alot everyone, I went the route of using bluedump to extract my channels from the wii and customizemii to create the forwarders but when I create the channel, i point it to the folder in apps like this SD:/apps/vbagx/ I keep getting an error saying theres not a boot.dol in that folder but I have verified the names and everything, its all there. Am I missing something in the channel creation possibly?

buby78

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you want i can make the dol for you or i can inject it in for you just send me your wad (the dol i make will look for it in 4 different spots sd:/apps/folder name/dol, sd:/folder name/dol, usb:/apps/folder name/dol, usb:/folder name/dol)

scottieb99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks but I think I have it all figured out. all I have to enter in customizemii is the folder name, not sd:/apps. Works pretty good. Is there a way to remove the text that flashes up before it loads, saying boot.dol found, etc?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s