How to create a WAD of Newer Super Mario Bros Wii (With custom banner)

Hi everyone! This tutorial is an extension of the tutorial written by @CheatFreak47 that details how to build an ISO of the mod.

Item's needed for the process:
An ISO/WBFS file of Newer (Instructions can be found here)
Crap v3.3b (Download)
The custom banner file (Download)
A file archiving program such as 7-zip or WinRAR to unzip certain files

INSTRUCTIONS:

Extract all the files in the crap .zip file to any directory of your choosing, file structure should look something like this after completion:

crap_file_structure.jpg

2. Run crap.exe and select your ISO/WBFS file by clicking the specified setting, once that's done the program should look something like this:
crap_after_selection.jpg

3. Select your preferred USB Loader in the drop down box titled "Loader"

4. Select your custom banner file by using the file browser option next to the "Banner" text (Located above the ISO/WBFS file option)

5. Click the "Create Channel" button and a .wad file will be created in the wad file in the crap directory.

6. Drag & drop the wad file onto the SD card you use for your Wii and install it with your preferred WAD manager.

Congrats! You now have a working WAD for Newer! Allowing you to run the game from your menu and not have to worry about booting into your loader!
I have only tested this with USB Loader GX so I can't say that all loaders will work.

This is my first ever tutorial so some feedback would be great! :yay::yay::yay:

AioAioAio

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
As the filetrip site has been shut down, is it possible to update the link for Crap? Perhaps to the downloads section of this site?

I realise this page is really old, but clearly some people are still coming here.

EDIT:

Although the filetrip page says the site is now permanently closed, it is still possible to find Crap through the Downloads menu... Wii+U Downloads -> Tools & Utilities -> ISO/DOL Management
There is a comment about WiiGSC being an updated version of Crap

Last edited by AioAioAio,

no_life420

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Does this work with vWii? Just curious as I've gotten fairly far on there and having to constantly use Riivolution is kind of annoying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended