How to correctly update VitaShell from 1.81 to 2.02

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Done! everything is ok now :)
I kindly ask you an information about PSX game: some games aren't available on PKGJ so i can manually move them on the usb.
I know that i have to create a folder named with the ID of the game and but inside the game renamed in "EBOOT.PBP" and put this folder here ux0:/pspemu/GAME. But i have the game in bin+cue format..so i tried to convert it in .PBP using psx2psp, but the game doesn't work... in Adrenaline the game has an icon like this one: https://i.postimg.cc/vTwRN2zx/Cattura2.png and when i run ti, it appears an error message...
Do you know an easy way to convert correctly my bin+cue game to .pbp?

thanks!
@legolas119 ,bin+cue games you must first convert them to iso with a program do a test with a PSX emulator(like PSXEven or Epsxe)on the pc if the conversion is successful and then convert them to EBOOT.PHP to make them work on the Adrenaline emulator.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, sorry i didn't tell you that all my PSX games are already verified, i currently play them on my emulators (DuckStation and ePSXe), so the bin+cue source files for sure are OK.

But i don't know the right procedure to convert them into .pbp...

thanks!

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi, sorry i didn't tell you that all my PSX games are already verified, i currently play them on my emulators (DuckStation and ePSXe), so the bin+cue source files for sure are OK.

But i don't know the right procedure to convert them into .pbp...

thanks!
@legolas119 ,these emulators read bin+cue files but in the previous post i wrote to convert them to ISO and then to EBOOT.PHP to be able to use them with Adrenaline.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've not tried converting a psx game, but for the game to be in pkgj, someone has to have bought it at some point.

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
done, now i have the iso file. How do you suggest to correctly convert it to .PBP?
thanks
@legolas119 ,perfect now you have to use psx2psp to convert the game to the one you used earlier.
I've not tried converting a psx game, but for the game to be in pkgj, someone has to have bought it at some point.
@godreborn ,for example on PKGj they aren't titles like Super Robot Wars Complete Box or Getter Robot Daikessen that i have originals and to play them on PS Vita i had to convert them with psx2psp.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@legolas119 ,perfect now you have to use psx2psp to convert the game to the one you used earlier.
yes, i followed this guide to convert from iso to PBP: https://www.cfwaifu.com/psx2psp/, i run the game, but it appears the error: "Impossible to run the game: 80010005"
I followed all the steps...so i don't know why :( Do you think that it should be related to my USB key? Sometimes it happens some issues for example some psp games doesn't work but if i reboot the console they work perfectly.
In addition some times it happens that Adrenaline doesn't detect any game anymore and several apps and psvita game doesn't work anymore! But if i restart the console, everything is ok...

But i don't know if the issue with Soul Edge for PSX is related to this.... I downloaded Castlevania Symphony of the night from PKGJ and it perfectly works without any issue...

This is my current config file:
https://i.postimg.cc/76xk6ywq/Cattura.png
do you notice something wrong?
I added the row:
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx to fix the double tap...but it doesn't work too..

thank you

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
well, i read on reddit that others guys had my issue with psx games and it seems that during the conversion process, it is necessary to compress the iso file with compression value = 1, 2 or 3. I tried with compression level = 1, 2 and 3 now i don't have the error, but only a black screen...
here it seems that this issue is solved in this way...

I will try with additional compression level :( Do you know if Sould Edge is supported by PSTV?

the doule tap issue of Adrenaline is really famous, it is necessary to tap 2 times in order to enter in Adrenaline. It is described here too: https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline (they name it the double launch bug). I entered the line they suggested...but the bug is still here...
I tried to install the fix with autoplugin 2, but after the console reboot, i have the issue i described before (Adrenaline didnd't detect anything and the apps/psvita game didn't work anymore... so i had to format the usb and trasfer all the contents again from a copy of the usb from my pc to the usb) --> it is a really strange issue...i would like to try again, because it is notpossible that if i install a plug in with Autoplugin it happens this!

Last edited by legolas119,

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes, i followed this guide to convert from iso to PBP: https://www.cfwaifu.com/psx2psp/, i run the game, but it appears the error: "Impossible to run the game: 80010005"
I followed all the steps...so i don't know why :( Do you think that it should be related to my USB key? Sometimes it happens some issues for example some psp games doesn't work but if i reboot the console they work perfectly.
In addition some times it happens that Adrenaline doesn't detect any game anymore and several apps and psvita game doesn't work anymore! But if i restart the console, everything is ok...

But i don't know if the issue with Soul Edge for PSX is related to this.... I downloaded Castlevania Symphony of the night from PKGJ and it perfectly works without any issue...

This is my current config file:
https://i.postimg.cc/76xk6ywq/Cattura.png
do you notice something wrong?
I added the row:
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx to fix the double tap...but it doesn't work too..

thank you
@legolas119 ,i too use the same program and same guide, but i don't use that plugin for adrenaline, you should try to remove it and see if with a converted game from iso,bin cue to eboot.pbp keeps giving you the same problem, because so far with i converted games(the various Capcom Generation,R-Type Delta,CyberOrg etc ... all Japanese)i have never had this problem.

toxic9

Trophies
XP
Country
Use Simple Popstation Gui with bin+cue. It always worked for me. Psx isos with multi audio track cannot be converted to iso. Always use bin+cue.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i read on reddit that others guys had my issue with psx games and it seems that during the conversion process, it is necessary to compress the iso file with compression value = 1, 2 or 3. I tried with compression level = 1, 2 and 3 now i don't have the error, but only a black screen...
here it seems that this issue is solved in this way...

I will try with additional compression level :( Do you know if Sould Edge is supported by PSTV?

the doule tap issue of Adrenaline is really famous, it is necessary to tap 2 times in order to enter in Adrenaline. It is described here too: https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline (they name it the double launch bug). I entered the line they suggested...but the bug is still here...
I tried to install the fix with autoplugin 2, but after the console reboot, i have the issue i described before (Adrenaline didnd't detect anything and the apps/psvita game didn't work anymore... so i had to format the usb and trasfer all the contents again from a copy of the usb from my pc to the usb) --> it is a really strange issue...i would like to try again, because it is notpossible that if i install a plug in with Autoplugin it happens this!

alright, I thought you meant you had to tap the icon twice to get it to open, which I just tested on my system, since I usually use the buttons. it worked after one tap without issue. I didn't have to open adrenaline twice either, and I do have that part in my config.txt.

legolas119

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi, now it works! I tried again with compression = 3 and it works...i don't know why! I only noticed that the picture i used yesterday for the banner of the game was in .jpg instead of .png... now i rename it with .png extension and i have created again the EBOOT.PBP file and it works...

I will try with additional games :)
I only noticed a strange issue with the screen size: it isn't in 4:3, it seems that it is a little compressed horizzontally. I don't knoiw, it coul be an issue of my tv.. It is in 4:3 only when i push HOME button on joypdad...
i could manually enlarge it but i don't know the right horizontal sice... currentlu i leave the default screen sice for both PSP (X = 2.000 and Y= 2.000) and PSX games (X=1.000 and Y= 1.000). Do you know how i could fix the screen size?

Last question about emulators: i have 2 choice: install standalone emulators or Retroarch. What do you suggest? Is better to use the standalone or the cores in retroarch?I would like to use filters in order to have graphic like the original crt tv. Both retroarch and standalone mulator are able to implement filter?

many thanks!

Last edited by legolas119,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.