kirbymaster101

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I want to convert super marios trikers charged and fire emblem radiant dawn to ntsc is there a way how? I dont want to download a save because i want to actually try to get the unlockables. I got like all characters excpet petey piranha and im inchapter 6 of fire emblem.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use SGM GX and extract the saves from both regions. Keeping the USA banner.bin, copy over all other data from the PAL save.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If this doesn't work what W hat suggested then send me the save you want to convert to ntsc and one empty ntsc save file, then I'll try to convert it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Empty means that you start a new game to create a savefile on your wii.
If you don't create a save file for the destination game then Savegame Manager GX won't let you copy from SD to Wii.

- Play both PAL and NTSC version of the game.
- Launch SaveGame Manager GX and extract the PAL version to SD. (you can extract NTSC version too, but it's not needed. See bellow).
- On computer, rename the folder from SD:/savegames/00010000xxxxxx50 (P, for PAL games) to SD:/savegames/00010000xxxxxx45 (E, for NTSC-U games)
- Back on Wii, Launch SaveGame Manager GX again, and put back the xxxxxx45 save file into the Wii.

Code info:
J = 4a
P = 50
E = 45
X = 58

You can extract both versions to SD and check if they both contains the same filename and file number.
Sometime a savegame from one region to another doesn't use the same file format so you can't convert the region for that games.

Edit: That method worked on older Savegame Manager GX, I guess now that there is an index file with NAND path it won't work anymore, so you just copy files from PAL folder to NTSC-U folder like W Hat said.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you have a file named fe_us.dat in the NTSC-u folder, then I guess yes you will have to rename it.

It could have a different structure and content (like PAL usually have language selections, while USA only have English) so such savegames won't be compatible.
You'll have to try to know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.