1. Graphiceye1821

Graphiceye1821 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm having a problem with GC Prince of Persia SOT RAW save, I played it on my PC and now I'm trying to to copy the save, rename it to the 4 digit game code and put in the folder, but when I try to load it in Nintendont it wants to format it. Please Help.

2. sray3000

sray3000 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    OP hasn't posted in 2 yrs :(

How do you know what to name the file into 4 letters?
    Do you convert each game save into their own raw file?

Hope someone can answer.

3. SteinerLiner

SteinerLiner Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I run Dolphin 5.0-8309 and it doesn't detect any GCI save files I get from GameFAQS

4. ImFreddyFazbearYT

Newcomer

Canada
    hi, i know this article is from 2015. but how do you do it if you have a version that is on 5.0?

5. MushGuy

MushGuy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
  6. Thirdeyechai

Thirdeyechai Member
    Newcomer

I had started playing Fire Emblem on Dolphin in the form of a .gcz file and after setting up Nintendont wanted to transfer my file to my WiiU so I could play on my gamepad. I followed the above instructions and they worked perfectly for me! The save file created by my Nintendont was called ninmem.raw or something and I simply imported the correct save and fixed the checksum. Thanks so much for these instructions! Playing FE on my gamepad is unreal!

7. reddragon105

reddragon105 GBAtemp Regular

I know it's been a few years, but I was just using this guide to transfer some save games from a GC memory card to Nintendont on my Wii U and I can now clarify this - you do need to have 'Memcard Multi' set to 'Off' if you want to use separate files/cards for each game, so unfortunately the instructions in the first post are incorrect.

It's an ambiguously worded setting, so it's easy to see where the confusion came from, but basically with this option off you get multiple memory cards, as in one memory card for each game (individual files named XXXX.raw, where XXXX is the title ID of the game), and with this option on you get a multi memory card, as in one memory card for multiple games (a single file named ninmem.raw that every game uses).

I must have had it set to 'On' because all my existing Nintendont save games were in a single ninmem.raw file, and when I injected my old GC saves into individual files it was just ignoring them. I've changed it to 'Off' to use individual files for each game - this will make it easier to keep organised and it will give me more space than I'll ever need for save games for each title.

But anyway, thank you so much for the guide - it's enabled me to use save games from 2002-2003 that I never thought I'd see again! I'm feeling pretty nostalgic (and old :sad: ).

8. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

United States
    will this go from .raw to .gci?

9. Natural

Natural GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I haven't used this in years but I think it does. If not I think Dolphin might be able to help with that or something.

10. GreenBanana

GreenBanana GBAtemp Fan

How does one determine if the "Fix Checksums" button actually does anything? After using it, my roommate's backups on the Wii U's vWii Nintendont still want to be formatted.

11. ForumHermit

ForumHermit Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Ok so can anyone tell me how to actually convert .gci to .raw files? The title says "how to convert gci, gcs, or.sav saves to .raw" but is actually useless. Where are the .raw files!?

I want to convert all of old GameCube saves that are on my memory card from .gci to .raw files so can use my saves in Nintendont on my USB without needed my memory card. I've got all the saves off the memory card but they are in .gci and Dolphin can't export to RAW as far as I can tell. I am using Dolphin on a Mac if that matters.

12. morpheous

morpheous GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Did you follow the tutorial in this thread? if so, where did you fail?

13. EthanMitchell

EthanMitchell Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    This didn't work, trying to get Super Mario Sunshine to work but it doesn't recognize the save file.

14. EthanMitchell

EthanMitchell Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    This didn't work, trying to get Super Mario Sunshine to work but it doesn't recognize the save file.

15. EthanMitchell

EthanMitchell Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

16. EthanMitchell

EthanMitchell Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

17. EthanMitchell

EthanMitchell Newbie
    Newcomer

United States

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Convert, saves,