Hacking How to convert authentic GBA saves --> M3 Real?

nintendough

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So back in the day when I had an M3 Lite Perfect I used a guide to backup all my GBA saves from the carts I had since my goal was to consolidate all my games to one cart. Unfortunately, I could never get the RTC working and thus ended up returning the M3 Lite Perfect, but had all my saves backed up.

Last year my house was robbed and all my GBA/DS carts gone. Now I can't get the DS saves back (that I had pre-M3), but I do have the GBA saves. I believe they are in .dat (or .sav) format. Is there anyway I can go about converting them so I can use them my M3 DS Real + GBA pack? It would be awesome to NOT lose the hundreds upon hundreds of hours I have in various Pokemon games
smile.gif

Thanks in advane

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
If they are in SAV they COULD work also make a backup

DGC: Gba saves CANNOT be in .GBA

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Also when converting, make sure the resulting GBA .sav files are each 128 KB in size or the M3 Sakura firmware will overwrite any saves smaller than that size if you open the configuration of a GBA game. That's what happened to me at first.

nintendough

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found the originals. I used cart_save.gba back in the day to get the save files and they are in .SAV format.

I noticed that with M3 Sakura it makes save files for GBA games in .sav (although I can't get past the boot up screen right now
frown.gif
), so would those .SAV files in their native format work?

Thanks in advance, this is more complicated than I remember!

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this might be off-topic but: wow that is one weird robber, stealing GBA/DS games
when they should be focused on stealing the more profitable goods.

On-topic: .sav' work natively, but be sure to rename your save file to the same name as
the downloaded gba rom, or it won't work.

nintendough

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bently said:
I know this might be off-topic but: wow that is one weird robber, stealing GBA/DS games
when they should be focused on stealing the more profitable goods.

On-topic: .sav' work natively, but be sure to rename your save file to the same name as
the downloaded gba rom, or it won't work.
I reinstalled the System folder and put the .SAVs in and they natively work with the M3 Real firmware. Will that also be the case wit M3 Sakura?

And the Thief also made off with my home theatre stuff, car, cash, clothes, etc. My DS, GBA, and PSP games were stored in drawers they ransacked. A lot else was taken but I figured only the GBA stuff was relevant since those I had made backups of when I was trying to consolidate all my GBA games to an M3 Lite Perfect (idea being I could carry my library, without having to start anything over, all on a micro, which was also taken)...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool