How to Convert a DS cart to GBA?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Operate170, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Operate170
    OP

Operate170 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2013
    United States
    I have been wanting an EZ Flash IV, but I can't seem to find one. But I read a few threads and I did read about how people have turned their GBA compatible DS carts into GBA carts. Could someone tell me or show(with video) how I could do that?

2. Operate170
    OP

Operate170 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 24, 2013
    United States
    I have been wanting an EZ Flash IV, but I can't seem to find one. But I read a few threads and I did read about how people have turned their GBA compatible DS carts into GBA carts. Could someone tell me or show(with video) how I could do that?

3. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    DS compatible carts = Supercard miniSD, M3 Perfect and/or EZ-Flash IV. Which in turn I guess are the same exact things you can't find in the first place.

Or maybe they meant EZ-Flash 3in1, which would require you a DS _everytime_ you wanted to add a new game into the onboard flash. Only one game at time, too.

4. SuzieJoeBob

SuzieJoeBob NOT a New Member

GBAtemp Patron
    SuzieJoeBob is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 20, 2008
    United States
    Do you mean "playing GBA games with just the DS flashcart"??? If so, then that requires a GBA emulator specifically for DS flashcarts, such as TempGBA or gbaemu4ds. For TempGBA, you must have a Supercard DSTWO. For gbaemu4ds, you will need an R4i gold, but from how I interpreted it, anything that can run what is known as "R4 Wood" version 1.45 or newer.