OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's extremely easy.

Goto your network settings and choose the option to change your current internet options. Select the custom setup, scan for your internet, input your security key, blah blah...

When it asks for the more in depth settings keep everything at it's default (except if it doesn't look right, like if obtaining IP address is set to manual set it to automatic). Stop once you get to the DNS information option, choose to manually put it in.

For your primary DNS server put in the following IP address: 67.202.81.137
(it works if you put it in for your second and primary too)

Continue with the setup leaving things at their default, test the connect, and wala! You can now connect to the PSN, download demos, play online, etc.

It doesn't seem to effect your internet speeds either.

Source

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rockstar said:
Wow thanks for this, I was planning on updating my slim so thanks

the slim doesn't even have otheros to even worry about the update in the first place
mellow.gif

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maz7006 said:
Rockstar said:
the slim doesn't even have otheros to even worry about the update in the first place
mellow.gif

Geohot
It's possible this CFW will also work on the slim to actually *enable* OtherOS; I'll know when my infectus gets here.
I updated believing that the slim couldn't have OtherOS, I should have waited...

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thoob said:
Geohot said:
It's possible this CFW will also work on the slim to actually *enable* OtherOS; I'll know when my infectus gets here.
I updated believing that the slim couldn't have OtherOS, I should have waited...

hence the word possbile. There must have been a reason for sony to have removed otheros from the slim in the first place, im guessing they cut some corners with the hardware to the extent that it probably doesn't support otheros anymore, anyway its not complete loss, i mean it isn't 100% confirmed yet.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
Thoob said:
Geohot said:

hence the word possbile. There must have been a reason for sony to have removed otheros from the slim in the first place, im guessing they cut some corners with the hardware to the extent that it probably doesn't support otheros anymore, anyway its not complete loss, i mean it isn't 100% confirmed yet.

Or they realized that it was a liability for piracy.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeltaBurnt said:
Maz7006 said:
Thoob said:
Geohot said:

Or they realized that it was a liability for piracy.

Geohot's work came some time after the release of the slim, so i just really believe that sony wanted to drop the whole otheros thing since they don't want to support it anymore

ComplicatioN

Broken Barriers
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thoob said:
Maz7006 said:
Rockstar said:
mellow.gif

Geohot
Same here, i completely regret it now :

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah this is cool but remember that this sends your psn id and login to that guys server don't know if hell use it or if he can view it but be weary

KDH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
blitzer320 said:
yeah this is cool but remember that this sends your psn id and login to that guys server don't know if hell use it or if he can view it but be weary
No it doesn't. It would if it were a proxy, but it's only a DNS server. The only thing that your PS3 will send there is a request to lookup the IP address associated with a given URL, the only thing sent back is the relevant IP address. This is also why it doesn't affect your Internet speed.

jaybee

Trophies
XP
Country
Bastards!!!!!!!!!!! I really wanted to duff someone over on SSFIV with my sanwa stick! WTF is GeoHot doing? We need that custom firmware! Do you think Sony heard he was working on a CFW 3.2100 and hence decided to chuck out 3.30?

This is a really annoying and difficult situation to be in. Sit and wait indefinitely for a teenager to come up with a solution or update the thing to play online?

SONY YOU ARE A BUNCH OF MONEY GRABBING USELESS CUNTS AND I HOPE YOUR CONSOLE GETS SEVERELY HACKED AND YOU GO BANKRUPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hate2.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jaybee said:
Bastards!!!!!!!!!!! I really wanted to duff someone over on SSFIV with my sanwa stick! WTF is GeoHot doing? We need that custom firmware! Do you think Sony heard he was working on a CFW 3.2100 and hence decided to chuck out 3.30?

This is a really annoying and difficult situation to be in. Sit and wait indefinitely for a teenager to come up with a solution or update the thing to play online?

SONY YOU ARE A BUNCH OF MONEY GRABBING USELESS CUNTS AND I HOPE YOUR CONSOLE GETS SEVERELY HACKED AND YOU GO BANKRUPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hate2.gif
cool story bro

3.30 would have come out regardless
its preps the system for 3D as well as a ton of other changes

and how are they money grabbing useless cunts?
protecting their system for people stealing games as well as all the game dev's from losing money

releasing hacks for the system would only drive system sales for them
everybody else gets screwed though

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
jaybee said:

hate2.gif
I think Sony will be feeling sympathy from you and be feeling very bad for putting Geohot under pressure from putting out CFW that could lead to piracy.

[/sarcasm]

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jaybee said:

hate2.gif
Wow, you really got that ungrateful teenage nonsense down to perfection. Comments like this makes me shameful to be a unit of the same species.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.