How to configure iHAS124 for RITEK

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by LoggerMan, Jun 18, 2013.

1. LoggerMan
    OP

LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2011
    I bought a
    Liteon iHAS124 c4eva Burner Max for Xbox360 o
    n eBay, this drive is already preflashed for Verbatim I think. I couldn't take out a third mortgage on my house to buy a spindle of Verbatim discs, so I bought some Ritek DVD+DL instead. Now I've tried burning them with this drive but they haven't been working, I think because the seller sold them configured for Verbatim. I need to reflash this drive or something to Ritek, right? I'm really worried about flashing the drive wrong and breaking it :(

Imgburn says my disc ID is "RITEK-S04-66". I've burned an XBGD2 disc fine with just a regular burner, so I know that my LT3.0 flashing worked fine (I hope). I just need to figure out how to configure this drive to burn RITEK discs.

2. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    I personally don't use other media then Verbatim.

Ritek uses cheap dye which can work against you.
    However, you might want to take a look at this.

3. LoggerMan
    OP

LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2011
    That guide looks liek what I'm looking for I think. But the megaupload link doesn't work anymore :(

4. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    A quick google for the necessary programs will be a good substitute for the megaupload link;]

431unknown likes this.
  5. LoggerMan
    OP

LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2011
    Ah, so it's built into the programs, like with JF. I thought maybe the link was to a special edition or something. I'll source the same named files from elsewhere, thanks for the information.

6. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Nope nope, just google the names of the programs and you can download them.
    Then follow the guide like usual ;]

No problem~

7. LoggerMan
    OP

LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2011
    Argh, so it came up as "error writing FLASH to drive" in Flash_Utility. After this message I noticed that I couldn't eject the drive by either pressing the eject button or right clicking the drive in Windows Explorer and selecting eject. I followed the guide exactly, using steps 1-5, but then get stuck on step 6 where it says error writing FLASH to drive. I'm not sure what I should do now :(

8. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Try flashing the original firmware back to the DVD drive.

9. LoggerMan
    OP

LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2011
    I think I may have seen my problem. I have an ihas124 D, but I used the ihas124 B firmware in that guide. I used another guide to downgrade to 8L05. I can't find fimrware for 124 D that works in the MCSE step, in order to choose the RITEK-S04-66 option in the list.

10. DamianNuez

DamianNuez Member

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2012
    Mexico
    Tijuana, Baja California
    ihas 124 D is not compatible with the burner max firmware, the "B" and "D" versions use different hardware, have you tried the "burner max payload tool"? it works with ihas 124 D and it supports all DL media

11. LoggerMan
    OP

LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2011
    Ahh, that is what I was trying, burnermax payload. I can't seem to get it to work with these unbranded Ritek discs, it always burns at 4x even when I set it to 2.4x. I think I may have to buy Verbatims after all, at least for xgd3. But is there any way to get these Ritek discs to work with xgd3, using an ihas124 D drive and Burnermax Payload?

Also the drive came preflashed (it was $50 from Germany), but I think I've flashed it again now to 8L05, I'm not sure what was on it when I got it. Do I need to flash it to something else?

12. 431unknown

431unknown Greatness Awaits

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    I have not kept up with any recent developments in the Xbox scene but I think you are SOL.

13. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Hmm other then that, you'd be better off with with Verbatims for XGD3.
    Ritek should be okay for XGD2.

I always prefer proper blank media instead of cheaping out.
    You are already getting the games for free anyways ;p

431unknown likes this.
  14. 431unknown

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    I usually used what ever I could find locally. I burn to Memorex a lot and never had a problem. Now granted I never played them on Live but when I used to connect to Live I was never banned. That was over a year ago.

15. LoggerMan
    OP

LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2011
    Lol. I'm not really having much luck with this. The first ihas drive I bought was a W edition by accident ($30), then the D version ($50) which wasn't compatible with the Riteks (which was like $40). After the cost of another pack of Verbatims, I could have bought two xkeys instead! Now all I need is for this ihas124D to not work with Verbatims so I'll need to find an ihas B ($??).

16. 431unknown

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    I have 2 iHAS B. 1 for usage and 1 for a back up if the other ever fails.

17. LoggerMan
    OP

LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2011
    Oh my god, I'm still having so much trouble with this. I've bought 10 Verbatim discs ($30) and all of them were coasters. I think I'm ready to pack it all in and just buy a bunch of xkeys, because already I could have bought one extra xkey and remote if I didn't buy all those drives and discs. So sick of waiting for all these coasters to finish burning, 30 minutes of time each, five hours for those 10 Verbs alone. I've even had some of the RITEKs for xgd2 backups fail (crash in middle of game, not installed). I'll try this again later when I have time to spare, putting $3 Verbatim coasters into the bin is becoming too painful.

18. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    How are you managing to get coasters on Verbs ._.
    I never had a problem with it.

You sure you're correctly burning them?
    Definitely sure you patched them correctly?

19. LoggerMan
    OP

LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2011
    I believe so, I have set up ABGX following your guide exact, and it all comes out green, and the file size for each is exactly right. I've followed the burnermax guides right too, updated to latest firmware on FirmwareHQ first. All of them failed :( The Verbs were the right ones too, the MK-003 or whatever. The drive is iHAS124D, bought the drive from www.konsolenchips.de and followed their instructions. Tried Burnermax Payload before opening imgur, after opening it and all sorts (I don't think it matters, I've seen guides say both). I've definitely got the right drive selected and it definitely works because the burn size comes up correctly in imgur. I'm out of Verbs, but I'll have to order a spindle of them I think. Either that, or give up on it completely, but I think I still want to be able to do it, after all the time I've put into it so far.

20. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    That's really strange.
    Theoretically it should work, you've done everything right.

Reboot your PC and don't open anything other then the payload tool and then IMGburn.
    Don't close the payload tool (or does it ask you to be closed?)