how to compile wii programs?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by chartube12, Mar 30, 2010.

Mar 30, 2010

how to compile wii programs? by chartube12 at 2:20 PM (1,805 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. chartube12
    OP

Member chartube12 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    How Do we compile wii programs? What pc/mac tools are needed? How do we compile sneekv2? How do we compile usb loader gx(s)?

Yeah this is a request for a guide/help with the above programs.

Any rudeness to me or others, I'll report it to mods ASAP!

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    Homebrew Development

Sneek

Sneek Thread

Despite the fact that I answered your questions, your topic shows how lazy you are... seriously dude, there is a whole sneek thread devoted to cutting edge sneek compiling. There is no way you tried searching... seriously, if you typed "how to compile sneek" or "sneek wii" into google, it would've returned the same links I just gave you.

oooooooooh, i'm sooooo scared. With a topic like this, its good to know you are expecting rudeness, because u r going to get it... and trust me, I took it easy on you, just wait until others sink their teeth into you (although hopefully this doesn't happen, as I've answered your dumb questions, now we can forget about this dumb thread)

3. chartube12
    OP

Member chartube12 GBAtemp Addict

United States

Those threads are so off topic with people doing multiple chats in between post. there needs to be a locked guide for how to do this stuff.

http://www.google.com/search?q=sneek&s...tf8&oe=utf8 no they dont show up. Only show the v2 thread witch as been zero help.

4. XFlak

Canada
    did u even look at those links? 2 of the 3 do not have a place for people to post comments, they are guides... period

and btw, that google link u posted has the sneek v2 thread AS WELL AS the sneek google code page (its like 5th down on the list). And honestly, who just googles "sneek"... did u know that that was a word before the wii came out? *sarcasm*, u should be searching by keywords, for an example, read my post above.

and btw, sneek is very cutting edge and is being developed constantly, that sneek v2 thread that u said is zero help, is probably the best place to get help. If you want sneek to be easy, wait until it is fully developed. If u need this much help to beta test something, I doubt u will be much help as a beta tester... probably more of a headache.

5. XFlak

Canada
    wow, DeadlyFoez... did we just switch roles? I thought it was my job to play good cop? [​IMG]

6. arasium

Member arasium GBAtemp Regular

France

[​IMG] Ah Ah Ah Ah.

Waow, DeadlyFoez is in a good day today [​IMG]

I want to add, before thinking of compiling sneek (wich is in development), try it with "finished" homebrews. Read the makefiles and google about "Make files" you will find a lot of thing. But you will have to read and learn a lot of things, and don't wait for a absolute answer.... Computing science isn't so simple.

7. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    The first link should have been more as enough info for you there is even a link to tutorials and just typing "make" in a console shouldn´t be a problem at all ;P (of course you need to install devkitPro but that´s all in the tutorials too)

PS: I don´t even understand why everyone now needs to compile every stuff

8. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
  9. wilsoff

Member wilsoff GBAtemp Regular

United States
    @DeadlyFoez you crack me up... please don't stop. I like that you can't come on here when you've been drinking!

@Chartube...
    Helpful part: setting up the environment (you will need to keep devkitARM ticked though)
    compiling source code
    Constructive part: How do you think guides get written? Someone who has put a lot of effort into understanding something spends even more time summarising what they have learnt in order to help others. This is done out of the goodness of their heart, no reward, and often the only payback is ingratitude. There is nothing stopping you from digesting the 128 pages from the sneek thread and creating a guide. If you can't be arsed then please don't expect anyone else to do it for you.