how to clear uid.sys and other "non-virgin" files?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by powser, Jul 20, 2009.

Jul 20, 2009
  1. powser
    OP

Newcomer powser Advanced Member

As above, i've noticed I got many strange entries in my UID.SYS probably due to forwarders and whatnot.

Is it safe to hexedit to remove the entries? Is there a "virgin" uid.sys I could just overwrite it with? will it brick?

Also, in the WiiFS wat exactly does AnyTitleDeleter do? It deletes the tickets and titles? What other things are left behind that ATD can't delete (eg UID.SYS entries).

Also, is it safe to delete ALL NUMBERED IOS except IOS60 just for system menu 4.0? (I don't want to see any "don't deletez any IOS or you will brickz" post please)
    Of course I'll leave a trucha patched IOS around.

I have many folders in shared2 as well. Other than SYS folder, are the rest important? Menu, wc24, test1, test2, successi, ec???

Btw I don't have a vulnerable boot1, if not i'd be more than happy to try deleting them out by myself.

Also, i've tried to research on "virginizing" the wii, mainly because I've been fooling around with all sorts of channels/hacks/wads/ios/blah. Now that I know the cleanest and best way to get such things done, I would like to "clean up" the wii. I am aware that there are no "benefits", but I still want it to be clean. OCD, as some of you put it here.

And also has anyone tried Comex Formatter aka BrickMii?

2. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    DO NOT DELETE the IOSes. While it may or may not brick, games won't run anymore. Just because you have IOS60 doesn't mean the games will use it. Games have info on the disc that specifies the IOS it needs. If its missing, it will fail to run (or if not blocked, ask to update your wii).

Do not delete anything in shared2 either! Remove preloader if installed by reinstalling (NOT uninstalling) the system menu, then run NANDClean. That removes what's unneeded from shared2.

Finally, remove any custom channels, cIOSes, and HBC. You might want to format afterwards, but there is an High Brick risk here!

Never heard of comex formatter.