How to change screen filter in UO gpSP kai (GBA emulator for PSP)?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Metoroid0, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Metoroid0
    OP

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    Japan
    SR388
    So i think emulator is just perfect! (gpSP)
    With one little flaw (you can say that) Whell the thing is that When a resize picture to "scaled 3:2"
    The picture loose its sharpness and becomes a little blurry (much like DS games on 3DS)

Now, is there some kind of plug-in for gpSP or patch where you can choose what filters to apply?

Like i said, the emulation and everything is 99% perfect, just that little thing bothered me a little, because when i use "UNscaled 3:2" i can see the difference in sharpness and also, on a PC on a Visual Boy Advance there are tons of filters and i use hq2x because it is still sharp even though it's streched.

Is there some way to apply filters in gpSP and will it impact performance of emulation?

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Filters like hq2x and stuff will impact emulation, since they need to render at a greatly increased resolution (a multiple) and then scale down each frame. It works fine on the PC because the PC is like (insert a number like eighty quinzilltion here) times faster than the PSP.

You can try one of the alternate gpSP builds to turn the existing filter on and off.
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Emulation_on_PSP
    But it's pretty much bilinear or nothing.

3. Metoroid0
    OP

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    Japan
    SR388
    Thanks Rydian :)
    But what about layers, can you select which ones to turn on and off?
    I ask this because i play Metroid Fusion at the moment (My first VG love by the way :P)
    There are sectors like PYR when there are aditional layers for light in some rooms, or In freezing sectors where FPS drops dramaticly because if animated layer with snowflakes falling.

4. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    I don't think I got that far in gpSP. You could see if a different build is nicer to you about it.