Hacking How to change region of .Sav file? (Pokemon Black 2)

ImNotSkilled

The Pokéman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wondering if there is such a way I can change my Pokemon Black 2 save file from a Japanese to a US file, I'm playing a Japanese save on a US Rom and for some reason, whenever I am doing Random matchup/Negotiations, the sprites for the Pokemon don't appear and it freezes, I'm concluding that it's the region of the save file.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
In almost every case, there is no simple "region" flag. In cases where saves can be swapped, they'll work fine (except for naming issues with the different character sets), in other cases you need tools to manually move the data from one format to another.

With the DS, most things are in the first category and saves are interchangeable between regions, but like I said the names can cause issues. Try using Pokegen and changing the all names to really short english ones?

ImNotSkilled

The Pokéman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In almost every case, there is no simple "region" flag. In cases where saves can be swapped, they'll work fine (except for naming issues with the different character sets), in other cases you need tools to manually move the data from one format to another.

With the DS, most things are in the first category and saves are interchangeable between regions, but like I said the names can cause issues. Try using Pokegen and changing the all names to really short english ones?

I tried using my Japanese B2 save on my English W2 rom and for some reason it worked, idk if it's the B2 rom or what, but I got the roms in the same place, so idk what's up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs