How to change from EMUNAND to Luma3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by CKlidify, Feb 5, 2017.

1. CKlidify
    OP

CKlidify Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2015
    Canada
    I currently have EMUNAND on my o3DS and the 3DS also has a couple custom themes and other normal homebrew junk and I want to uninstall all of that and set up Luma3DS. How would I reset my 3DS's setup to normal so i can redo everything with Luma3DS?

EDIT: Could I just format the SD Card and follow 3ds.guide and have everything work as intended? I'm not looking to keep anything I previously had installed

Last edited by CKlidify, Feb 5, 2017
  2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yes just follow http://3ds.guide/get-started. You don't need to wipe your card but you will want to uninstall menuhax if you have it, as that interferes with things. Near the end follow "Move emuNAND" which will remove it from your SD card and move the data to your sysNAND.

CKlidify likes this.
  3. HyperT

HyperT GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2016
    To be exact you want to switch from using menuhax to a9lh [you're probably using rxtools or luma3ds already].

You could indeed just fully format the sdcard if there is nothing you want to keep. But you might as well run jksm.3dsx to backup your saves.

CKlidify likes this.
  4. CKlidify
    OP

CKlidify Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2015
    Canada
    Thank you both!