Tutorial Change battle background in usum (wifi battles)

Would you like a video tutorial on how to do this ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BarrelRoller64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could always Extract the Game files, go to the specified folder, and use Ohana to check each indavidual Map. There is over 200-300 Files there. There is no specific file names associated other than numbers, so it can be tricky to put together a list. Its almost near impossible.

if you have ever used the Sun Moon replay Editor, you can pretty well figure out what is what.
When I try and use ohana to open the bin files, it says that it is an unsupported file type

XLuma

Pkmn Rom Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I lost interest in rom hacking for the moment.... I might come up with something someday
Or a new tutorial

derboeseVlysher

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you so much for this guide, Lglaplante! Everything works nice for me.
I have experimented with the files a bit and I can give you all a list of which file corresponds to which background scene:
goo (dot) gl (slash) vy8nVB (It's a google document)

But that's not everything! I could also find out that "dec_155.bin" is the file which corresponds to the glowing rectangle which floats around the Pokémon in a WiFi Battle. So by replacing this file you can add other special effects (like spotlights via 157) or you can combine two scenes to have a background for your foreground to avoid glitches in the background.

Have fun with my list!

PS: I was not allowed to post a real link because I am new to GBAtemp. This is no spam but a helpful link, so please be kind to me, oh mighty Mods :D

Last edited by derboeseVlysher,

XLuma

Pkmn Rom Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you so much for this guide, Lglaplante! Everything works nice for me.
I have experimented with the files a bit and I can give you all a list of which file corresponds to which background scene:
goo (dot) gl (slash) vy8nVB (It's a google document)

But that's not everything! I could also find out that "dec_155.bin" is the file which corresponds to the glowing rectangle which floats around the Pokémon in a WiFi Battle. So by replacing this file you can add other special effects (like spotlights via 157) or you can combine two scenes to have a background for your foreground to avoid glitches in the background.

Have fun with my list!

PS: I was not allowed to post a real link because I am new to GBAtemp. This is no spam but a helpful link, so please be kind to me, oh mighty Mods :D
thanks for the doc you’ve made, it will help future people that want to do the modifications :) didn’t know about the dec_155 rho, interesting finding

derboeseVlysher

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Small addition: It seems to make no difference if you switch the scenes to replace 014 and 155 with, the game will just combine the two selected scenes to something.

qianghua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
hi, I wish to change the trainer pic in pre-battle screen (like attachement)
Anyone can guide me how to change the pre-battle trainer pics in pokemon USUM ? Which garc files should I refer ?

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 170

XLuma

Pkmn Rom Hacker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi, I wish to change the trainer pic in pre-battle screen (like attachement)
Anyone can guide me how to change the pre-battle trainer pics in pokemon USUM ? Which garc files should I refer ?
i bet these are the trainer battle model or something like that... I know there is a garc file too for thw game

Sharpedo43

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to delete textures for the middle-grounds? I noticed some backgrounds don't necessarily need any middle grounds. There is a file for middle ground that is described as "nothing", which I use and works mostly on well-covered backgrounds, but when it comes to the more intricate and open-spaced backgrounds there is a texture that appears a short distance away from the battlefield (I'd post screenshots if I'm permitted to). I wanted to know if it was possible to remove that texture so that there's actually "nothing" in the middle ground.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: