How to change a WAD's ticket

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Xknight2000, May 26, 2008.

May 26, 2008
  1. Xknight2000
    OP

Newcomer Xknight2000 Member

United Kingdom
    Sorry if this is answered else where but I couldnt find it. I have two channels installed that I am going to remove but becaue I have lost the WADs I installed them with I am going to do a nand dump, take note of the tickets they use, then use others WADs with their tickets changed to unstall the two channels i want removed. Problem is how do I change a ticket in a WAD file using windows? And also when I do a nand dump will it be easy to identify the two channels I want to remove?

Thanks in advance.

2. retrospect

Member retrospect GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I have an answer. It might not work, but it makes sense.

Dump NAND
    Identify tickets
    Pack new WADs with tickets
    WADs > SD
    WAD uninstaller.

I don't think it should matter that the tickets aren't for those games if the uninstaller removes everything that corresponds to the contents of the WADs on the SD.

3. Xknight2000
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thats excatly what I want to do, but how do I pack the wads with tickets?

4. NikoK

Member NikoK GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I thought tickets were meaningless?

5. retrospect

Member retrospect GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    NikoK; No, tickets are important. Don't believe everything everyone says (scrutiny is good).

Xknight200; Ah that's easy enough. Well, assuming you're able to gather up all the pieces. Get yourself Blaze's WADpacker and read the info file (you'll find it as a torrent easily enough). One piece you might be missing is often referred to as key.bin and we're not allowed to discuss anymore than that (forum rules).

I'm sure you'll manage to get things working.

6. jinxvorheeze

Member jinxvorheeze GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    "proper" tickets are meaningless as the Wii shop cjecks both tickets and purchase history. So even if you have a proper ticket, if you never purchased the item then you can't redownload the file.

BTW, if you couldn't find the WAD Packer, here's a site with alot of homebrew programs on it.
    http://www5.atpages.jp/wiihack/
    Don't go there looking for illegal files though, it's just a compilation of program releases.

7. Xknight2000
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thank you very much for your helps guys, i will be getting stuck into this tomorrow after work. Just curious though, am I right in saying that even if you format the wii's memory you still have the tickets left on there?