Gaming How to bypass MegaUpload limit?

Aijelsop

Question Asker
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The stupid thing keeps telling me I am already downloading, but I'm NOT. Help? What do I do to bypass it?

I'm using FireFox.

jDownloader is having issues too. It keeps giving me errors that I need to wait 10 mins to download again.......
tongue.gif

I used UltraSurf but it was way to slow.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Turn off your modem and turn it back on. It resets your IP Address and allows you to download again.
You can set up JDownloader to renew your IP automatically, but keep in mind it cuts your WHOLE internet connection and can cause problems.

Also, if you cancel/stop a download it doesn't tell MU/RS that it's stopped and you'll get that message for the next 10 min or so.

If you download that much from MU/RS and the wait is an issue, you might want to consider getting a premium account.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Resetting the modem for a new IP address only works if yours is dynamic. Most are static and can't be changed except by the internet provider.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It depends on ISP. Some ISP, like AT&T in Bay Area, uses dynamic but in a monthly interval. It means IP address will only get refreshed on monthly basis.

You could try proxy, but sites like megaupload are constantly on the lookout for proxy.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
no real way i have found

good job the network infrastructure is so poor here that my ISP assign you a different IP everytime i reset ... literally.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maz7006 said:
no real way i have found

good job the network infrastructure is so poor here that my ISP assign you a different IP everytime i reset ... literally.
That has nothing to do with quality... it's called a Dynamic IP.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Most are dynamic, not static.

The actual issue is the DHCP lease time needs to expire while the modem is off, and that's 24 hours by default, and an ISP has no reason to set it lower (in fact, they may have a reason to set it higher).

Proxy.

That's actually new to me. Most of the time when I would try to help people, I would find they would have a static IP and and I wouldn't be able to help them. Goes to show that personal experience doesn't always reflect fact.

@OP: If you're IP address is dynamic, just reset the modem and it should change your IP address. You may live somewhere where all the IP addresses are generally shared though and may just be out of luck. I'm not sure how common this is in the U.S, but I know it happens in many places such as the Phillipines(sp?).

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
JDownloader is kind of a hit and miss, sometimes it works wonderful but a week later it's asking for all kind of captcha's you didn't had to fill in earlier.
Megaupload is handled very well over here now, it can only download 1 file at a time but it's a very fast host so all the files advance pretty fast.
I too can download only 1 file at a time, that's normal for free users. Then I have to wait 45 seconds and it starts downloading again.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
My 2 cents... 80% of people I encounter (when helping fixing their computer or some other random issue) have a static IP. I do too, although I have the option with the ISP to switch it to dynamic any time I want.

Even so, with jDownloader I get great speeds out of Megaupload. Even when it hits the limit (does it about 3 times a day with continuous downloads), 2 hours isn't much to wait for compared to other hosts like Fileserve.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
If you reset the modem and the IP doesn't change, it doesn't mean it's static, it just means the DHCP lease hasn't expired. It needs to expire while you're disconnected.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_Host_...ration_Protocolhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_Host_...#DHCP_releasing
You may have a 24hr lease from the ISP, but you can still send a release/renew request to get a new IP.
The lease time is used mostly for the occasional disconnects so you can resume without issue (for example if you're downloading or chatting on a messaging client, although after more than a minutes without a connection messaging clients will tell you that you've been disconnected and the server will terminate your connection and log you off). Longer leases are for longer term disconnections (up to the lease time) so that you can return to your previous IP address and don't need to reconfigure a new address for anything that needs an address.
A normal disconnect, or even a reset or power off/on of the mode, will not send a release/renew, for that you will need to leave your modem off for a few moments (~15 sec) for the information in memory to clear so that the modem will automatically get new information from the ISP.

QUOTE(Märk @ Mar 19 2011, 05:35 AM) if your modem is always on to change you ip leave it off overnite then turn it on in the mornin.
Which is pointless for what he's trying to do...

MegaUpload and RapidShare have a 10~15 minute wait period between files. He's trying to bypass that 10~15 minute wait, and without a Premium account the only way to do that is to get a new IP address. Turning off your modem for hours to get a new IP address is pointless.

pitman

Addicted to Magical Girls
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Originality said:
QUOTE said:
MegaUpload and RapidShare have a 10~15 minute wait period between files.
With jDownloader, Megaupload only has around 49 second wait period between files (45 seconds plus a couple seconds for communication), until the bandwidth limit is reached when it's a 2 hour wait.

If you register a free account at MU you only wait 25 seconds.

JDownloader is a great, I don't care if I have to wait a little more for downloading JD takes care of that

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
QUOTE said:
MegaUpload and RapidShare have a 10~15 minute wait period between files.
With jDownloader, Megaupload only has around 49 second wait period between files (45 seconds plus a couple seconds for communication), until the bandwidth limit is reached when it's a 2 hour wait.
I think it's based on size...
If the files are small (25MB?), the wait is longer, but 'no' limit.
Then again, I have shitty internet so I probably get around the hourly limits while downloading.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night