how to burn an xbox live arcade game to dvd or hd

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by slickric33, Feb 20, 2010.

1. slickric33
    OP

Member slickric33 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hi guys , its been awhile , having fun w/ forza but wanted to gat a game for kids , i have the patched file in a folder 000D0000 but how do i burn the file, which program to use or how to transfer to hd would be better. I have been searching for 2 hours and cant find anything thanks guys

2. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If your box JTAG? That's the only way to do it. Gat? Do you mean get?

Anyway, look around and you'll see the only way is with a JTAG box and copying the files either by an Hard Drive cable, or by FTPing the files over. If the xbox is JTAG there is software avail. to copy files from DVD onto the drive.

Hopefully that helps, this information only pertains to DLC and Arcade Games.

Wynd

3. slickric33
    OP

United States
    hmmmm, i had a friend of a friend mod the 120 hd version in jan and called and lm w/ him to call me back. So there is no other way of transferring a patched , downloaded file of a game and putting in the proper folder. I guess my next ? would be , how do i know if it was jtagged on my own w/ out taking apart

4. DKAngel

Member DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    u would have had to have jtagg'd it yourself, if u havnet then u prolly cant as the latest dashboard patched all the holes

5. slickric33
    OP

United States
    remember i have never been on xbox live so would the 360 out of the box be updated or would i have had to go online to get updates like w/ the wii . 1 more ? ,what exactly is jtagged and what is the difference between flashing firmware and jtagging and is there any way to play an arcade live game like that pj or wahatever winterbottom game that just came out. if i go online modded ill get banned right, so how could i play the game thanks

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Updates can be done in 3 ways

Online via Live

Offline via USB/similar (also included on hard drives on occasion)

Offline via discs- wave 4 and beyond contain the bad updates. http://abgx360.net/verified.php has what wave a game is.

If you still have an homebrew capable machine then read on
    There are countless guides and we have discussed it around here a few times now but all about as good as each other so a quick search says http://docs.google.com/View?id=dnfmv5h_186pp2zddm
    "out of the box" do get updates, most notable even if the numbers above match if you have a 360 made after the 15th of June 2009 it will be blocked (15th is a bit to precise- I usually say if you can get one made in May of before do so).

The JTAG hack targets the mainboard of the 360 while the DVD firmware hacks aims at the DVD drive (which does some authentication), the guide I linked takes care of the rest but as you can see it is somewhat more complex.
    The JTAG hack is the only way to run such things (more specifically you can not run it with just a hacked DVD drive) unless you want to go really far back and do the king kong hack (you do not and it works on similar ideas to the JTAG hack and is equally blocked by modern updates).

As for how to play the XBLA and DLC content gets ripped and put online, you transfer it to your 360 and load it via a homebrew menu of it you want you also have the option to do it via the system menu.

Other than that you are stuck waiting for the company to bundle the games onto a DVD which is rarely done.

7. ScareCrow87

Newcomer ScareCrow87 Newbie

United States
    I'm guessing that this obviously applies to burning them to a dvd as well then. At least now I know why I haven't been getting mine to work (I've burned a few disks only to find that when I navigate to the Games the machine sees them all but immediately starts deleting them). In all the posts I've seen on this, this is the first mention of needing to have the machine jtagged that I've seen.