Hacking How to boot wii straight to main menu?

matty_g_8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i recently picked up a second hand wii that had been soft modded, and have updated to latest HBC and installed the necessary wads

My question is every time i turn the power on the wii it boots into bootmii i believe then I have to reset the wii to boot into the main menu

Is this possible to change?

Thanks

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a program that you can download in homebrew browser that lets you turn off bootmii. That way you can have the sd card in your wii without taking it out. Also, if you plan on using bootmii you can just turn it on again.

matty_g_8

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is a program that you can download in homebrew browser that lets you turn off bootmii. That way you can have the sd card in your wii without taking it out. Also, if you plan on using bootmii you can just turn it on again.

thanks ill try it

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even better: take the bootmii folder off of your SD card and move it to your PC (keep it in a safe place) so that if you accidentally brick your Wii, you don't have to be scared that you didn't turn it on. You can just move it back to the SD card from the PC when you need it

Edit: Or do Babadlek's VVV It's basically the same thing I said, but you don't need to even move the folder off of the SD card his way

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
why make it simple when you can make it hard..?

just rename the "bootmii" folder (for example : "_bootmii") in the root of your SD card. No need to use any program, or even remove the SD Card :wacko:
your wii will stay protected by bootmii (which is installed in boot2), and if you have to start bootmii, you just have to rename "_bootmii" folder back to "bootmii"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @RedColoredStars My condolences, was that your cat? +1