How to boot to main screen with M3 Real in Slot 1...

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by link459, Aug 30, 2008.

1. link459
    OP

Member link459 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Is it possible to boot to the DS's startup with the Real in?

I used to just hold select while booting with my M3 Lite in (flashme) and it worked, but now it doesn't seem to work anymore.

Is it possible, or do I have to always take out the Real whenever I want to Boot into the menu?

2. Chedderknight

Member Chedderknight GBAtemp Regular

United States
    they disabled that function for some reason, so you physically have to pop out your real if you wish to go to the start up screen.

3. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Alternative is to get Yasu's "Back-to-Firmware" and put it on your microsd. Then there is no need to remove M3Real, you simply wait till M3 loads and select the small .nds file and it will take you back to the Download play / Pictochat screen. Obviously, the M3Real is not recognised in the DS firmware, so you will need to turn off/on the DS when you want to go back to your M3Real. The beauty of this homebrew, is there is no need to uneccessarily remove the slot-1 device.

4. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    The downside is that it won't work with FlashMe btw.

If you just want to boot your M3 Lite, you might as well hold the B-button while the M3 Real starts. It will load any Slot-2 card in DS-mode. Holding the Select-button will load Slot-2 in GBA-mode.

5. SonicRax

Member SonicRax Egg-Mayo: The Movie

United Kingdom
    ...So the feature of booting to the DS' original firmware WAS present in the M3 Real, but was eventually removed?
    How comes they removed such a feature? That's quite odd. x_x To be honest, I thought it would've been more efficient to have that feature?

6. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    well there is nothing really in the original boot DS anyway, besides pitochat
    and a few basic options

7. Sumea

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    yeah, you must just take real out when you want settings or pictochat or dl play. you can just launch ds, and insert m3 in again so it does not need to stick out for whole session.