Hacking How to boot reatil Zelda Skyward Sword on Hacked Wii?

Dookieman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought the new Zelda game and I am super excited to play it. I've read lots of topics with no luck on getting the game to boot. I am on Wii 4.1U and want to retain my Wii's Hacked Status. I havent turned my Wii on in months so I have no idea what the new and ideal combination is for getting games to boot.

Does anyone know how to get the game to boot from retail DVD using Neogamma? If someone could list all of the things I need that would be great...Sorry for the noob questions!

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
People will tell you to "just use ModMii" without reading your questions, feel free to ignore them.

Try using the 'use alt.dol' feature and select player.dol. After seeing the motion+ demo once you can play it with neogamma normally.

Also we have another section of this site for small questions like this. The subforum you used is for wii backup loader discussion rather than short questions.
Try using ask gbatemp in the future http://gbatemp.net/index.php?app=ask so the people that answer your questions that are already answered in many threads out there get a little more recognized.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
People will tell you to "just use ModMii" without reading your questions, feel free to ignore them.

Try using the 'use alt.dol' feature and select player.dol. After seeing the motion+ demo once you can play it with neogamma normally.

Also we have another section of this site for small questions like this. The subforum you used is for wii backup loader discussion rather than short questions.
Try using ask gbatemp in the future http://gbatemp.net/index.php?app=ask so the people that answer your questions that are already answered in many threads out there get a little more recognized.
Using NeoGamma isn't really a solution because the OP would still have to update his cIOS. I told him to use ModMii not because I'm lazy, but because doing so will prevent problems like this in the future.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's funny though. My wii is 4.2U. It's hacked. Did not use it for MONTHS. Bought Skyward Sword. Played it from Official wii disc channel. And IT WORKS 100%. Oh and the disc didn't even bring the update. O.O Then again, I blocked the discs update using StartPatch. ;)

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol, people still use StartPatch? The last time I heard of somebody using that was when they bricked when applying a patch (no way to disable it like with Priiloader).

The reason you could play was because you obviously had IOS56 installed.

@OP: ModMii is a program that generates a guide and downloads the necessary files for you. There is a link in my signature.

Viga Skywalker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
StartPatch is the best, man.
StartPatch is fail. It offers no brick recovery, applying patches (and removing them) is a huge PITA, and it lacks tons of other features that Priiloader offers.

Quit typing everything in italics, it's really annoying.

No. It's not the topic's question. StratPatch is better to working the retail imported games.
Priiloader is optional, but good to no brick recovery. Priiloader is only necessary for desperate gamers because the mod/hack, man.
StartPatch is less dangerous than Priiloader, because StartPatch it's reversible. Others features of Priiloader aren't so important.
Spending well. :yaywii:

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
StartPatch is the best, man.
StartPatch is fail. It offers no brick recovery, applying patches (and removing them) is a huge PITA, and it lacks tons of other features that Priiloader offers.

Quit typing everything in italics, it's really annoying.

No. It's not the topic's question. StratPatch is better to working the retail imported games.
Priiloader is optional, but good to no brick recovery. Priiloader is only necessary for desperate gamers because the mod/hack, man.
StartPatch is less dangerous than Priiloader, because StartPatch it's reversible. Others features of Priiloader aren't so important.
Spending well. :yaywii:
Lol, you really don't know what you are talking about. I suggest you do a bit of research.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Zelda Skyward Sword has no AP (Anti Piracy) nor update on the retail disc and only a few needed to install a d2x CIOS.

The trick is in how he is using NeoGamma or the disc channel. Running ModMii and following its guide would not change this which is the question he is asking.

I used StartPatch but I recommend PriiLoader instead, it is better. Do not attempt both on the same machine though.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Zelda Skyward Sword has no AP (Anti Piracy) nor update on the retail disc and only a few needed to install a d2x CIOS.

The trick is in how he is using NeoGamma or the disc channel. Running ModMii and following its guide would not change this which is the question he is asking.

I used StartPatch but I recommend PriiLoader instead, it is better. Do not attempt both on the same machine though.
By using ModMii he would have the requirements for running the game from either place. I also doubt that the only game he will ever play is SS.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Option 1:
Make sure you have the latest HBC installed. If the game is from the same region as your Wii, just update from the disc. The game will now work from disc channel without any trouble. You will need to reinstall the cIOS though, but since you might want to update to the latest d2x cIOS, it's about the same work with and without the update.

Option 2:
Install the latest d2x cIOS with base IOS56. Then run the game in NeoGamma, base IOS56 might be important as the game uses IOS56.

Option 3:
Install the latest IOS56. Now set NeoGamma to use the correct IOS and it will load IOS56 for the game.

Option 4:
Install the latest IOS56 and make sure you have priiloader installed. Then set priiloader to block disc updates, and play the game from the disc channel.

There are probalbly more options, but these are the ones i had in 10 seconds.

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand why you'd need a cIOS to boot a retail game, but try this instead.

(Assuming you have Priiloader installed) Enable the options to block System Menu updates, both online and disc.
Enter System Menu
Boot game through Disc Channel
Voila.

I don't understand why everyone's solution is 'use ModMii'. Use ModMii for what? Installing the new Shop Channel? The options in that program are too extensive for people to simply say 'Use ModMii' when they only want to play a retail game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s