Hacking Question How to boot into Hekate before Atmosphere

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I decided to update my switch installation. I originally used Sdsetup.com as well as Using PegaScape (Caffeine) — Homebrew Guide documentation . Before I updated my installation every time that I ran caffeine I would go into the hekate boot menu, now it goes straight into atmosphere and I no longer see hekate as my first boot option. Obviously there is a setting that I have wrong to where now it boots straight into my emunand instead of letting me go into hekate first. My question is how do I revert my setup to always go into hekate first? Why is it automatically going into Atmosphere?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yesterday I decided to update my switch installation. I originally used Sdsetup.com as well as Using PegaScape (Caffeine) — Homebrew Guide documentation . Before I updated my installation every time that I ran caffeine I would go into the hekate boot menu, now it goes straight into atmosphere and I no longer see hekate as my first boot option. Obviously there is a setting that I have wrong to where now it boots straight into my emunand instead of letting me go into hekate first. My question is how do I revert my setup to always go into hekate first? Why is it automatically going into Atmosphere?
You need to replace SD:/atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin with the latest Hekate payload. Updating Atmosphere replaces that payload with Atmosphere's, so every time you update Atmosphere you also need to replace that file.

Reactions: bennz

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to replace SD:/atmosphere/reboot_payload.bin with the latest Hekate payload. Updating Atmosphere replaces that payload with Atmosphere's, so every time you update Atmosphere you also need to replace that file.
This is the answer I have been looking for. Now would you recommend doing this or is there really no point?

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the answer I have been looking for. Now would you recommend doing this or is there really no point?

If you see hekate boot logo then its setup - You can hold Volume down at hekate logo to enter hekate. In options you can setup autoboot to OFW/CFW/EMUMMC etc.

Reactions: dgold

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This worked out great. I wish I would have gotten this answer yesterday before I deleted fifa 19 lol. Maybe this would have fixed it. I no longer get the atmosphere logo though. Thanks alot.

Edit:Now tinfoil doesn't work. F lol.

Last edited by Blakejansen,

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You answered your own question. The Real Jdbye was the only person to provide a solution to my problem. What were you looking to gain by making this post?

Guess we all invisible.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you never know, just keep that on your mind

Actually we do know. It's very simple to setup and is full proof.

Blakejansen

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess we all invisible.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually we do know. It's very simple to setup and is full proof.

You helped out, what I mean is that I asked this question a few times and no one could tell me why hekate wasn't booting. Someone even recommended I wipe my entire 256GB emunand and start from scratch. I get that the same questions get asked a ton on this forum, but it helps out the owners because more people see the advertisements which in turn increases website revenue. Even the guy on here that complained ended up bumping my post to the top, so if he was that annoyed by it he would have been better off ignoring the post.

I do appreciate everyone that helped me, but there aren't a ton of people that are using pegaswitch to boot into their CFW so it is hard getting advice. Someone on another thread I made told me it was impossible to boot into CFW without RCM.

Reactions: HollowGrams

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
You answered your own question. The Real Jdbye was the only person to provide a solution to my problem. What were you looking to gain by making this post?
I just find it annoying that you spam the forum like that. If everybody did that we would be flooded with new topics.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning