1. rsn8887

rsn8887 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The black screen was an issue with some versions of SX OS it seems, at least from my experience. In the newest version, they fixed the reboot to payload functionality. So you can now again use the SX Reboot app to reboot into SX OS, and you can also use the Payload Launcher 3.0.0 app to reboot into hekate if you want. So we can now enjoy the best of both worlds again without having to use the dongle or RCM loader all the time.

Keep in mind some Retroarch cores, like the Dreamcast one, only work with Atmosphere and not with SX OS. So it is good to boot into atmosphere :)

Last edited by rsn8887, Jun 30, 2020 at 1:14 AM
  2. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp MVP

United Kingdom
    That was never an issue. I have been using the reboot to payload nro from Atmosphere and have it reboot into ArgonNX, from where I go to Hekate, Atmosphere or SX OS. That has always been working.

3. rsn8887

rsn8887 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I know that, but were you able to also

a) launch a reboot to payload app while running SX OS to reboot to hekate and launch atmosphere from there without hang on turquoise screen?

b) boot directly into hekate and from there atmosphere, from SX OS dongle boot menu, using the SX launch payload option under options, without hang on black screen?

Those two things weren’t working for me for a while. I always got a hang on black or turquoise screen after hekate menu showed up, until latest SX version, when they started working again.

In my post, I tried to make clear that all those different ways of booting and switching cfw now work again, not just what you are saying. I thought I made myself clear, but maybe I failed. I hope it is clear now.

Last edited by rsn8887, Jun 30, 2020 at 6:36 AM
  4. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp MVP

United Kingdom
    Both. I know that SX OS couldn't / wouldn't boot Atmosphere directly, but it always worked if Hekate was in between.
    I never had any problem with reboot to payload, but I didn't go the way to reboot to Hekate and launch Atmos, but with ArgonNX in between which could boot Atmos directly without Hekate.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Windows, Hekate, Dongle