Tutorial  Updated

How to boot Hekate using SX OS PRO Dongle or Windows PC

Installing HekateUsing Windows PCUsing SX OS PRO Dongle

1. Installation instructions for Hekate is very simple, head to it's GitHub Releases Page and download the latest version's .zip file
    2. Inside will be a "bootloader" folder, extract that to the root of your SD card.
    3. Inside will also be a hekate named bin file, this is an rcm payload. This is what runs hekate. With ipatched units you use an exploit to run this file.
      Place this wherever is handy for you, usually on whatever device you are injecting from.
    If you update hekate, remember to also update the payload bin file on all your injector devices as well.

1. Requirements

• Jig (3D-Printed Jig's are 100x better but you can bend a paperclip as a Jig, search GBATemp for more info)
    • Cable to connect both the PC and the Switch (USB-TypeC to USB)

Running Hekate

We will be running Hekate as an example.

1. Turn the Nintendo Switch OFF.
    2. Insert your Jig in the right-side joy-con rail.
    3. Hold VOL+ and POWER
      - Hold it for about 4-5 seconds then let go (which is usually the total time it takes to enter rcm)
      - If the Nintendo Logo appears, your Jig didn't work right, maybe adjust it a bit then start over
      - If nothing shows on the screen, you are most likely in rcm now, continue
    4. Plug the USB Type-C into your Switch and the other end of the USB into your Windows PC
      - If you haven't installed the APX Drivers, please do so now by opening Zadig -> "Options" -> "List All Devices" and in the Device List choose "APX", in Driver Type, cycle the arrows until you select "libusbK (v3.0.7.0)" and click Install Driver.
    5. Download TegraRcmSmasher and extract the .exe from it (From the "Win32" folder), Make sure its named "TegraRcmSmasher.exe"
    6. Download Smash.zip and extract the .bat next to TegraRcmSmasher.exe
    7. Place the Hekate .bin file we downloaded earlier next to TegraRcmSmasher.exe, this is to allow the Smash.bat file to work. It can be moved back after.
    8. Run Smash.bat and it should load Hekate on your Switch
      - If the switch shows a battery icon (and probably proceeds to power on), then you weren't in rcm, possible reasons would be not holding on step 3 long enough, perhaps your switch was out of charge, cable may be bad, jig may need adjusting.
      - If the Smash.bat window says "0x0000 byte SETUP request" then your switch is ipatched and you cannot use rcm
      - If it shows nothing at all still, confirm your switch isn't out of charge
    9. Finished! The Smash.bat isn't necessary, it is there so that it will quickly run TegraRcmSmasher.exe in a non-closing CMD so that you can see it's result data to confirm if your switch is ipatched.
      You can simply drag and drop payload files onto TegraRcmSmasher.exe instead but you won't be able to see TegraRcmSmasher's result data.

2. Charging your SX OS PRO Dongle

1. Turn on any Device with a Type-C Port
    2. Insert your SX OS PRO Dongle into the Device
    3. It will flash blue/green then stay green once fully charged (< 10 secs total)

Running Hekate

1. Download the latest version of Hekate
      - Extract the .bin file to the root of your Nintendo Switch's microSD Card
    2. Download the latest version of SX OS
      - Extract the boot.dat file to the root of your Nintendo Switch's microSD Card
    3. Insert your microSD Card back into your Nintendo Switch
    4. Insert the Jig into the Right Joy-con Rail and Plug in your SX OS PRO Dongle
    5. Hold VOL+ and POWER (Usually 4-5 seconds is the total time it takes for SX OS to load)
      - If nothing happens after 10 or so seconds, follow the steps above to Charge your SX OS PRO Dongle and retry
    6. You are now in SX OS, you can click Boot Custom Firmware if you want to use SX OS but if you want to boot Hekate, click "Options" -> "Payloads" -> "Hekate payload.bin" and then click "Launch"
      - You can now remove the Jig and SX OS PRO Dongle if you want

Attachments

• Smash.zip
    189 bytes · Views: 1,095
Last edited by PRAGMA,

CTCaer

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hmm..

How to boot hekate with hekate?
My modification IS hekate (- ipl).
(ipl = bootloader).

(I love the tabs btw. I didn't know the forum had such organizing tools.)

Why not use tegrarcmgui?
Why use tegrarcmgui?
With TegraRcmSmash you can just drag n drop the payload into TegraRcmSmash.exe. Easier, faster.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Hmm..

How to boot hekate with hekate?
My modification IS hekate (- ipl).
(ipl = bootloader).

(I love the tabs btw. I didn't know the forum had such organizing tools.)

Why use tegrarcmgui?
With TegraRcmSmash you can just drag n drop the payload into TegraRcmSmash.exe. Easier, faster.
Means more of how to boot hekate with <payload> but sure.
and yeah tabs are handy.

SexiestManAlive

The key that lights the dark
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and the folders are way smaller than what the game was, sonic forces was 7 gigbytes, yet the folder is less than a gigbyte, please help, i have no idea whats going on

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded TegraRcmSmash from git hub and I am not seeing an exe file or a folder named Win32. I have a visual studio file named Win32Def. I have the feeling I am not doing this right. With the Hekate I do not see a bin file.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I downloaded TegraRcmSmash from git hub and I am not seeing an exe file or a folder named Win32. I have a visual studio file named Win32Def. I have the feeling I am not doing this right. With the Hekate I do not see a bin file.
https://switchtools.sshnuke.net/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the link to TegraRCMsmasher seems missing in the guide.
you can find it here : https://switchtools.sshnuke.net/
Yeah no idea what happened, it definitely was in it, someone must have edited it out by mistake idk

Arch Feline

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your help! The minimal setup provided by your link has sys net cheats and I seem to understand the instructions. I am reading https://guide.sdsetup.com/#/

My 64 gb SD card arrives Sunday. I am playing a game (Okami HD) I beat on the WII but one race (Kai) is way, way harder than it was on the WII

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone got the full set up working for sx os, im simply wanting to boot so i can use the tools to find pointers when making codes.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
anyone got the full set up working for sx os, im simply wanting to boot so i can use the tools to find pointers when making codes.
This tutorial shows how to boot Hekate using SX OS, simply just follow that tutorial but instead of clicking options -> payload, just click boot custom firmware, done

I am noob so just to check. If I use this i won't have problem with battery calibration?
That is just linux problem?
Late reply but that has been well fixed in newer versions of CTCaers's Hekate afaik, there's also a fix inside its tools menu if it occured to you. Afaik it cant happen anymore on newer hekate versions.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This tutorial shows how to boot Hekate using SX OS, simply just follow that tutorial but instead of clicking options -> payload, just click boot custom firmware, done

Late reply but that has been well fixed in newer versions of CTCaers's Hekate afaik, there's also a fix inside its tools menu if it occured to you. Afaik it cant happen anymore on newer hekate versions.
ill try again tonight when i get back from work but im sure when i tried last time it said something like couldnt find an ini or something

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over