Hacking How to best update "Wii System version" - Already Softmodded

veronicasmithen03

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there guys! It's a pleasure to be posting here, and am thankful that there are so many smart users that provide excellent advise. Here is the issue:

I have a previously softmodded wii (not sure on the version) - but I never did ANY Wii system updates. I have read that the latest 4.3 version can be modded no issue, but I have also heard that if I update my Wii through the Wii settings menu, that it may screw up the softmod. Is that even a problem, seeing as I should be able to softmod it again, no problem? Orrr am I incorrect with this assumption? I really want to have the Wii on the latest firmware, unless there is some kind of limitations with the newer firmware??

My thought process is that I need to update the wii from the system menu, then reapply the softmod. I have also heard that you can update with "Modmii" but still not sure if that's a better method than simply doing the official wii update, and reapplying the softmod. This would allow me to update to the latest softmod too (with minimal chance of corruption/issues due to manual system update patching through Modmii). What do you guys recommend??

Thanks ahead of time for any advise or tips. Link's to tutorials (up to date) would be appreciated.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated mine over the network and reinstalled the HBC and cIOSes. It only removes the earlier versions of the HBC and stubs some IOSes like 222, 249, 250, etc. Those can just be overwritten again with a mod manager after you put the HBC back if it's old and gets removed.

Letterbomb (please.hackmii.com) is the only thing you need for 4.3.

veronicasmithen03

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay thank you very much! I had to update the softmod first with Modmii Skin (gui), then do the system update (my old softmod was preventing the update) - then I erased the softmod entirely to start from scratch. The second time I decided to run the regular Modmii instead (I deleted the old softmod files after using it) . There is something really weird I noticed the second time doing it...

First time I used "Modmii Skin" and answered everything the way it should be. I received a total of 47 WADs.

The second time I applied the mod, I used regular Modmii. I answered everything identical but this time I noticed that in the HBC, 1 or 2 items that were there the 1st time I did it, are no longer there. Also the total number of WADs drastically reduced this time, to a total of 20.

Just wondering if I should redo it with Modmi Skin gui, or just go ahead with what I have now? Will there be any problem with that many less???

Thanks so much!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey