How to be sure to buy a N3DS XL <= 9.2 ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Asia81, May 13, 2015.

1. Asia81
    OP

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    Even on Internet ?

At the end of the month (Salary ^^') i will buy my New Nintendo 3DS XL EUR, and i will sell my Old 3DS XL EUR 4.5 too.

But for the N3DS, i want a 9.2 or lower for always use my GateWay, and i'm asking where and how can i be sure to buy a 9.2 from Internet ?

I will see for physical store with the serial code on the box, but i don't know for from internet.

2. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Buy a used console and ask the seller to check the firmware version. Better yet, find one thats advertised as Gateway compatible

3. Asia81
    OP

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    but i want it not used if i can

4. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    Then you'll need to ask the seller for the serial on the box if it's advertised as unopened / new. You could ask if they'd be willing to open and set it up to check the firmware then reset it, but that'd kind of defeat the purpose of new / unopened. :)

Just make sure if you're buying online that you can return it incase it's not the right FW.

5. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    Edit: Double post.

IronClouds likes this.
  6. BobDoleOwndU

BobDoleOwndU GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 28, 2013
    Canada
  7. tipsytoto

tipsytoto GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2011
    United States
    Buy a mh4u limited edition online if you can find it. Don't believe they released any that weren't 9.2 or below. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

8. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tonga
    The box's don't come sealed so if you are careful you can check the serial number on the case or in the software.

9. ThemBats

ThemBats Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2014
    What about Zelda Majoras Mask Bundle?

I'm also thinking about buying a n3ds and would like to get it new. Is there a better option then say amazon, I live in EU?
    Lastly is there an important thing that I need to consider if I end up with a n3ds from different region?
    I'm planning to hack it.

10. tipsytoto

Nov 8, 2011
    United States

mm le isn't necessarily safe. there was a second batch with 9.4s. region doesn't particularly matter since gateway mode is region free.

11. ThemBats

ThemBats Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2014
  12. Kuwagatamushi

Kuwagatamushi Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2013
    United States
    Virginia
    Standanrd N3DSes have a much better chance of having a FW ≤9.0. Because I didn't want my GW to go to waste, even though I have a SKy3DS, I went to Best Buy and bought a second one. Black. It's not a sure thing, but I could at least return the thing immediately if the FW wasn't what I wanted.

13. tipsytoto

Nov 8, 2011
    United States
    Yeah as long as your dont mind a japanese interface until you enter the game. Even then there is a way to supposedly create an emunand with a different region thanthe console but i havent taken that leap yet.

14. Ericss

Ericss GBAtemp Fan

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    Not for local multiplayer, IIRC.

15. tipsytoto

Nov 8, 2011
    United States

Thanks for clarifying that, I hadn't actually given it a shot so that's useful info. What about online multiplayer with a .cia or .3dz of a different region?