How to be a "cheap" gamer this week

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Sicklyboy, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Sicklyboy
    OP

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    I use the term "cheap" relative to what the actual cost should be, I'll explain my awesome purchase later on.

Target has a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale on games this week. Not bad.

There's also a coupon printing out from the registers at the front of the store (someone from cheapassgamer figured out what triggers it) for 30% off 2 video games. The register will print that for every other video game related purchase at the front of the store on that individual register. Good way to get it - buy two cheap game items in separate transactions and then return them if you just want the coupon. You can even do this with the game reserve cards.

There's also a $5 off of any purchase $50 or higher printing from them, I don't know what triggers that to print, but those two coupons stack, and they also stack with the B2G1 sale.

If you have a store credit/debit card, you get 5% off of the purchase, which also stacks with the aforementioned discounts.

If you work there or are immediate family of someone who works there (or are friends with someone who does), you/they get 10% off of the purchase for their employee discount, which again stacks with everything else.

So, breakdown of what I bought:

Warning: Spoilers inside!

You're not likely to have every discount I listed but if you're looking for 3 new games on the cheap, do the stuff I said, get that coupon, find a way to get the $5 coupon somehow, and game on.

Sale is through the end of the week and the cheapest game out of the 3 comes off, so it's worth it to get 3 equal priced games.