Hacking How to backup original Wii games.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried with IMGburn but IMGburn didn't recognize my DVD. I heard about the Wifi backup feature from the Wii but I don't really understand how to install it. Also I don't know which one to use or which one is the latest. A little help thanks.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks. I have one question I am trying to dump Super Mario Galaxy 2 right now into a SD card. It asked me Chunk Size what does that mean? I just choose 1GB.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok Cleanrip isn't really good for me right now. I can't dump the game because CleanRip actually dumps the whole game, I thought it will scrub it. My SD card is only 2GBs. Any other programs?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
Ok Cleanrip isn't really good for me right now. I can't dump the game because CleanRip actually dumps the whole game, I thought it will scrub it. My SD card is only 2GBs. Any other programs?
You could use CFG USB Loader to rip the game to the SD Card, and use Wii Backup Manager to extract it to your PC as an ISO.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just sending the game to my computer through Wifi. It says here on my download that it will take 4 hours. Is it bad if I leave both my computer and the Wii on overnight doing this thing?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
It's safe to leave your Wii on. I'm sure many people have played games for more than 4 hours straight.

On a side note: buy a USB Card reader.
Thing is the Wii will be on for more then 4 hours because I am going to sleep. Plus I don't think the graphic engine could burn out since all the Wii is running right now is a black screen with some words on it, nothing intense. Since I am going to bed the Wii will be on for about 9-10 hours.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry about it. I've ripped games in parts to a SD Card and I left my Wii on overnight and it was fine.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
what game are you trying to dump? if it's small enough you can dump it to your sd card if you have a usb reader, then extract it to your pc if you want to put it on your computer.

didn't see that you're dumping smg2. it should fit.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My SD card isn't a microSD sadly. And I don't have any MicroSDs in my house they are all used, 4GB(Supercard Dstwo), 4GB(PSP with Photofast w/e the name is). I am trying to dump Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Mario Kart.

EDIT: It would have been so easy if I could have just dumped the game from my computer. Like I do with all my PS2 games.

This shit is only on 12%.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I feel stupid now I should have just used a SD card to back it up to. I might as well finish this up its on 15% already. And I can't backup mario kart tomorrow with a SD card since Mario kart is big. I wish I was currently backing up Mario kart instead of Super mario galaxy2.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
go to staples and grab a 4gb hp flash drive. on sale this week with coupon for only 7.99, or you can grab an iomega 1tb or wd 750gb external drive for only 59.99. oh yeah they ran out of stock on the 750gb wd drive and substituted it with the 1tb model for the same price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/