Homebrew Question How to backup my games off of clean sysnand

AndyGJorgensen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an app that lets you boot up emunand and create backups of my switch games and updates off of my sysnand? I have some games I bought off the eshop and I have not found a way that I can back them up to play on emunand without using cfw on my clean sysnand.

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As they are two seperate nands, no, what you do on one nand is independent from the other. To do something like that you'd have to find a way to force the switch to mount two nands at the same time, which I don't think is possible at all.

I guess you could backup the sysnand from rcm, then create a second emunand partition from that sysnand backup, then use cfw on the new emunand to backup the games.
There's also a windows tool that can extract games/updates as nsp files when you mount your nand/backup to the pc (I never could get it to work myself, but plenty others have managed).

Can't remember what it's called, but just look in the tools or tutorials section and you should find it.

AndyGJorgensen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will have to look again I didnt find a tool that would do what your saying on the PC

Edit: Also probably worth mentioning that the games and updates that I bought on my clean sysnand are installed to the sd card

Last edited by AndyGJorgensen,

AndyGJorgensen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like my 2 options are using SwitchSDTools on the PC or put switch in airplane mode and create a emunand on a seperate sd card and boot that into cfw using nxdumptool. let me know if you know of a better option.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
looks like my 2 options are using SwitchSDTools on the PC or put switch in airplane mode and create a emunand on a seperate sd card and boot that into cfw using nxdumptool. let me know if you know of a better option.
nxdumptool cannot access sysNAND from emuNAND, nothing can. The entire point is that sysNAND access is redirected seamlessly so that everything that normally accesses sysNAND is redirected to emuNAND instead.
But you can make a sysNAND backup from RCM and with the right tools you can extract data from it. How to get nsps out of that I'm not sure though. I assume the files are just stored as NCAs which can be easily enough repacked, but you also need the ticket and maybe other stuff too.

AndyGJorgensen

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that now maybe I wasnt clear in my post just above yours above but I was going to create a temparary emunand of my clean sysnand to and use nxdumptools to dump my games. I was just hoping there was going to be an easier way.

Last edited by AndyGJorgensen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.