Hacking How to backup ext 1tb after usb port broke

hempin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first off thank you to any and all help. i went into my bag where my WD essential 1 tb and the usb port had broke from leaving a cable that was connected and now my harddrive reads "needs to be initialized" after connecting in a enclosure, but when i tried to solder it, my pc recognized the drive ... i saw my games and then the power went out.. i'm just checking if there's a quick solution to renaming my harddrive with a letter or recognizing my harddrive without a letter since the sata adapter seemed to have memorized the original letter "O".

hempin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because the usb pot literally sepearted from the board so i had to solder to reconnect but it worked for about 1 min before the power shut off.

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
buy a new enclosure or attach it to a sata compliant computer/ buy an adapter and connect it to an IDE computer. either way good luck. fixing those adapter pieces inside the enclosures is a royal pain in the a**.

hempin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trust me fish, i'm already kicking myself in the rear but as far as replacing the enclosure or connect to another sata device because it doesn't recognize the letter of the drive. i've even taken apart a maxtor and another WD my book and still nada.. the best shot was the first attempt after resoldering the usb adapter. and yes it's plugged in

hempin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am trying i care data recovery to see if i can atleast list the files and or possibly transfer which is going to be hard since wbfs format is not recognized by windows.. so pissed at myself which now turns into a public service announcement.. "please unplug devices you aren't using"

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already formatted mine before but if it's being seen in those recovery tools its stiil good try simply changing the drive letter with Partition magic or something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: