How to apply the Hori Liquid Crystal Lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by tackle, May 18, 2007.

May 18, 2007
  1. tackle
    OP

Newcomer tackle Member

Sweden
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-b7-49-en-70-196x.html

I just received this in the mail today from play-asia, the Hori liquid crystal filter ds lite.

Problem for me is, I don't know a single word (or sign?) of japanese.

The package has two covers in it, one with a white marking and one with a red marking. I'm definately not sure which one goes where, but I do know they're different, thus this topic.

I suppose these color markings shouldn't be counted on as something standard/permanent, so if anybody bought this recently and would care to help it'd be greatly appreciated.

Also, general tips on how to apply these things would be great. I do know that people recommend you to steam up your shower to avoid dust flying around onto the screens.

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Yep steaming your shower will settle all the dust so you have a semi-dust free environment to work in. Alternatively compressed air will temporarily remove dust from your working area. Just use some light tape to get rid of any dust that might get on the static side of the screen protectors.

The sizes are pretty self explanatory.

3. thieves like us

Member thieves like us chaos personified

United States
    the larger screen protector is for the upper display, the smaller one for the touch display. in addition to the steaming up your bathroom to drop the dust from the air, I tend to peel off the backing the protector that I'm trying to apply and line it up against one of the edges (top, left, bottom or right) and then work it evenly against the display.

ps
    the tab that you want to release from the screen protector first to apply it to your ds is made of a heavier, stiller plastic. if you start to release one and find its really thin and flexible, that's the top piece that you'll release once you've applied the screen protector.

once you've got it applied, you can pull back the other tab to release the plastic covering from the from of the protector and then repeat the process for the other protector.

just try not to touch the back side of the protector when you're applying it, otherwise you'll end up with fingerprints between the lcd and the protector.

additionally, you can wash your hands really good with a car degreaser hand cleaner like go-jo or fast orange. that tends to remove any excessive oil from your skin and dry your hands up really good prior to touching the screen protectors. washing your hands with rubbing alcohol may be a good alternative if you don't have access to any of the car hand cleaners.

4. tackle
    OP

Newcomer tackle Member

Sweden
    Cool, thanks!
    I'll use some dishing soap, that drains my hands from any oil in notime

5. tackle
    OP

Newcomer tackle Member

Sweden
    Ok... so now I think I need some help to remove it.

I got one big piece of dust, just one, but it's really visible even during gameplay on highest brightness. It's on the lower touch screen.. how do I remove it?

6. NDSkid

Newcomer NDSkid Advanced Member

United States
    instructions say to use a peice of tape, the clear kind, to lift the protectors off. never pry them off with your fingernails.

7. fli_guy84

Member fli_guy84 GBAtemp Fan

Malaysia
    Yup, use a piece of scotch tape to lift it off. And also use the tape to pick up the dust from the sticky part of the screen protector.

8. Godot0102

Newcomer Godot0102 Advanced Member

United States
    I have 2 of these. These are alot better than some other protectors i've tried.

Use the brown cloth that comes with it to clean any dust off , then use that card to smooth it out over the screen.

9. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    If you place the Hori starting from one of the edges of the touch screen, you'll find there is a 1+ mm gap on the opposite side. If you are worried about this gap (I was), get Taku protectors. They're easily of the same quality, and cover the whole touch screen. The gap was just annoying me, as the stylus could "slide" into the gap and run along it, though this would rarely be the case while playing stylus games.