How to access your Switch's eMMC or microSD card as an USB disk on your PC

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by rajkosto, May 12, 2018.

1. Sciurus

Sciurus Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2019
    Norway
    Hi.
    Thank you for a great tutorial on this prodject, but for some reasons I have problems accessing the GPT HDD.
    The other program sees it as a GPT windows ses is as an MBR (see picture)
    I have done al the above and i get this error messages.
    I'm running Emunand 8.1 on my switch. using the latest programs in the explenation text on topp.
    Got any solutions for this problem?

Attached Files:

2. K1ck09

K1ck09 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2019
    Portugal
    Sadly, no. Probably corrupted EMMC?

3. Sciurus

Sciurus Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2019
    Norway
    The wierd thing is that it still works on the switch itself. It might be thet sxos have made something different in their Emulator images that won't work as well as others?

4. K1ck09

K1ck09 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2019
    Portugal
    It's possible. Ask on forum, probably, someone with more knowledge than me can help you out :D

5. eliboa

eliboa GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    France
    What type of emuNAND are you using ? Is it a partition of your eMMC ?
    If so, did you try the "repair GPT" feature that comes with SX OS bootloader ?

6. Sciurus

Sciurus Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2019
    Norway
    The Emunand I'm using is the hidden partition on the memmory card. I diddn't know it had one of those features included. I'll have a look and see if it would work for me,. I'll let you know if it worked or not. Thanks :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sadly it diddn't work, but it got repared :P

7. eliboa

eliboa GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2016
    France
    I think this is why HacDiskMount gives you that error. Your GPT was updated when you created your emuNAND. Repair GPT feature may broke your emunand though, so be careful.

8. Sciurus

Sciurus Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2019
    Norway
    Is there any other way to get access to the files on the ''hdd'' other than backup the sections, do the changes and restore them to the switch?. the main reason for accessing the drive is to copy inn nintendo games to the original nintendo emulator that the switch has installed. I know there are emulator etc. but its noot the same. And ofcoure I like to have full controll of my equiptment ;). Everything works after the GPT update excep HacDiskMount imaging.