How to access your Switch's eMMC or microSD card as an USB disk on your PC

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by rajkosto, May 12, 2018.

1. Kairu43

Kairu43 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    Perhaps I'm missing something major, but things don't appear to be working for me. Any help would be appreciated.

When I select ums_emmc.ini I get the following output

Read 178 bytes from 'ums_emmc.ini', parsing...
    Cannot find = separator in kv pair '' on line 0, skipping

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm unable to see the emmc in HacDiskMount.

I get similar results from every .ini, and yes, I've tried the v2 release and the uboot folder and all it's contents (u-boot.elf, ums_emmc.src.img, etc...)are on the root of my sd card.

Here's the contents of ums_emmc.ini:
    [load:PH_0]
    if=uboot/u-boot.elf
    skip=0x00010000
    count=0x0007c1bf
    dst=0x80110000

[load:script]
    if=uboot/ums_emmc.scr.img
    dst=0x80100000

[boot:ENTRY]
    pc=0x80110000

K1ck09 likes this.
  2. jacopastorius

jacopastorius GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2018
    Italy
    very useful tool, thank you! Is it possible to reboot to cfw directly after copying some content to sd? Or do i need to power off with the power button, enter in rmc and push a payload?

3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You are confused. This tool uses the same exploit as all currently available CFW. And the only way to utilize that exploit is by sending a payload in RCM. Being able to boot CFW without sending a payload requires another exploit such as Deja Vu.

4. jacopastorius

jacopastorius GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2018
    Italy
    ok, thank you for explaining Draxzelex

5. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    Is there any way to connect the switch to my PC and transfer files while I'm already in CFW (reinx)? I'm just trying to avoid rebooting my switch to access the SD.

6. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Look for sys-ftpd

7. dovere

dovere Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2018
    Italy
    can i erase all data on my switch nand with this?? like a factory reset? i have a banned switch and i want to delete my user account (Nintendo already unlinked it serverside)

EDIT: I just did it :D thanks for the awesome tools

Last edited by dovere, Nov 8, 2018
  8. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    This is working for me but is there no way out of it without turning off your Switch having to use your jig again to get to RCM and do it again? That sort of defeats the point for me I'm trying to limit jig use.

9. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You can just use AutoRCM to reboot into RCM as opposed to a jig.

10. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I just want an adapter that clips the eMMC to a USB dongle directly, that can be mounted with read/write under Windows and Linux for the FAT32/exFAT partitions.

11. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    It's been done (well via an sd card reader), but I don't know if you can just buy one.

12. rajkosto
    OP

rajkosto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 6, 2017
    memloader v3 is out, which increases UMS transfer speeds by 80% for normal users

CTCaer, alkar, shchmue and 4 others like this.
  13. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    What if I'm abnormal?

14. rajkosto
    OP

rajkosto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 6, 2017
    then you already compiled coreboot.rom yourself since the release of memloader with your own sourced copy of google's memory trainer, and always had these speeds.

15. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I guess I'm a different kind of abnormal.

geecat likes this.
  16. MK100

MK100 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    West Midlands, England
    so i used this tool w/ hekate and tegrarcmgui and now my switch is crashin

17. K1ck09

K1ck09 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2019
    Portugal
    I'm getting a similar issue...

Mickysky likes this.
  18. Mickysky

Mickysky Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Chile
    K1ck09 you managed to solve the problem, I'm in the same situation

19. K1ck09

K1ck09 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2019
    Portugal
    Unfortunately no, I replaced BQ24193 but now it doesn't charge. I'm getting a flashing issue in that chip.

20. Mickysky

Mickysky Newbie

Newcomer
    May 20, 2019
    Chile
    I get to enter RCM and autorcm on the device, check the efuses with Hekate and it has 6 burns I presume that it must have FW 5.xx (I do not know which firmware was installed since the device was given in these conditions), if I prendo normal without RCM the console is black does not manage to reach the logo of nintendo, but in RCM mode and AUTORCM I managed to launch with tegragui payload Atmosphère Reinx but in both cases the screen remains frozen about 5 sec in the logos of Atmosphère, Reinx and then it is black.

I managed to backup Boot 0/1 and rawnand.bin, to rebuild the nand thinking that it could be bad firmware problem flashed, once I have the files ready to go to the nand when I want to mount the unit by memloader from tegragui BOOT section 'RCM' appears
    pc = 0x80110000
    1zma: Decoding error = 1
    [MTC_LOAD] Error during 1zma decompression, got 246400 instead of 4294967295 bytes out!

when loading the memloader files to the sd and launching memloader.bin of the tegragui it appears

if = uboot / ums_emmc.scr.img
    dst = 0x80100000

[boot: ENTRY]
    pc = 0x80110000

and it is impossible to see in HacDiskMount this happens when trying to load Boot 0/1, emmc, sd.

Something curious happens that every time an image appears on the screen of the device, whether the reinx logo, Atmosphère or Hekate menu when the device is restarted, the images remain as a background shadow on the screen while the new image appears and the colors appear with horizontal lines, I do not know if this screen is a problem or some component of the pcb that causes this problem, thanks for the help.

excuse my bad English.